    doing so with digital? If there is, can they be obtained for non-slr
    cameras that do not have fixed lenses?

    Peter

    Peter Billinghurst, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Peter  Billinghurst

    Brian Z Guest

    I'm not sure which non-SLR cameras you're referring to that have removeable
    lenses, but either way, digital cameras will benefit in the same manner as
    film. For some digital cameras you can use the same linear polarizers that
    you use with film cameras, but in other cases you must use a circular
    polarizer, which works with all and is recommended.
    -Brian

    "Peter Billinghurst" <> wrote in message
    > I use polarising filters a lot for slide photography. Is there any point

    in

    Brian Z, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Peter  Billinghurst

    Jeff Guest

    There is absolutely a need for polarising filter for digital. You
    can't the glare off water in photoshop.
    I use one on my Canon G3. The camera needs a $20 adapter to allow a
    treaded filter.

    -Jeff

    Jeff, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Peter  Billinghurst

    JD Guest

    > I use polarising filters a lot for slide photography. Is there any point in
    > doing so with digital?

    Why would that be any different? Think about WHY you are using the filters
    now. Why would you not use them with a digital camera for the same reasons?

    > If there is, can they be obtained for non-slr
    > cameras that do not have fixed lenses?

    Sure. I just have one big one and hold it in front of any camera I am using.

    JD, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Peter  Billinghurst

    Paul H. Guest

    > I use polarising filters a lot for slide photography. Is there any point

    in
    > doing so with digital? If there is, can they be obtained for non-slr
    > cameras that do not have fixed lenses?

    Since polarizer filters modify the light coming into the camera, they can be
    used with any light sensor, film, CCD, CMOS, or whatever, and they work in
    exactly the same way.

    Polarizers work quite well with digital cameras and many non-slr camera have
    threads for accepting such filters. Most of the other cameras which don't
    natively possess filter threads can be outfitted post-purchase with adapter
    tubes and such which will give them filter capability.

    Do a Googol search for your particular camera, or go to the manufacturer's
    website, and I'm sure you'll come up with a solution.

    Paul H., Sep 4, 2003