    501?

    Thanks
    Jimmy

    ToppJimmy, Apr 17, 2004

  2. ToppJimmy

    Paul Lynch Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:47:28 -0700, "ToppJimmy"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
    >have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
    >They have called in several people to try and fix it like
    >the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
    >my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
    >and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
    >bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
    >VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
    >501?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Jimmy

    Jimmy,

    This is a certification newsgroup. I suggest you try a security or a
    networking group instead.

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Apr 17, 2004

  3. ToppJimmy

    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
    >have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
    >They have called in several people to try and fix it like
    >the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
    >my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
    >and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
    >bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
    >VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
    >501?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Jimmy

    Looks like you don't control it as much as you think.

    |{evin, Apr 17, 2004
  4. ToppJimmy

    Consultant Guest

    do your parents pay for the internet connection?

    Consultant, Apr 19, 2004
  5. >do your parents pay for the internet connection?

    I wonder if Ma's recently completed her mcse?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 19, 2004
  6. ToppJimmy

    kpg Guest

    If you were my kid I'd take you behind the woodshed.

    Wait... that didn't sound right.

    kpg, Apr 19, 2004
  7. ToppJimmy

    Consultant Guest

    sick

    Consultant, Apr 19, 2004
  8. ToppJimmy

    Kat Guest

    daddy?

    --
    Kat

    /* To be or Not to be. Aww, to hell with it */

    Kat, Apr 19, 2004
  9. ToppJimmy

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    sick sick sick...

    "Consultant" <> wrote in

    > sick
    >

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> If you were my kid I'd take you behind the woodshed.
    >>
    >> Wait... that didn't sound right.
    >>
    >> "ToppJimmy" <> wrote in message
    >> > # Host-Name Confilct: file://c:\temp\122876.htm (4/19/2004 4:08:34
    >> > PM) #
    >> >
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
    >> > have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
    >> > They have called in several people to try and fix it like
    >> > the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
    >> > my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
    >> > and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
    >> > bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
    >> > VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
    >> > 501?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Jimmy

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE
    --
    Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  10. ToppJimmy

    Neil Guest

    Kat <> wrote in news:40845713$:

    > daddy?

    hey that's my job

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  11. ToppJimmy

    Neil Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in news:OCxEcLlJEHA.2580
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > If you were my kid I'd take you behind the woodshed.
    >
    > Wait... that didn't sound right

    LMAO

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  12. ToppJimmy

    Kosh Guest

    Ha Ha Ha what I want to know is Why he's using a Cisco Pix 501 at his home
    Kinda Expensive overkill isn't it <g>

    Kosh, Apr 20, 2004
  13. ToppJimmy

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    he found it on the road. it fell of the back of a truck, so he took it
    home. :-0)

    "Kosh" <The Last of > wrote in

    > Ha Ha Ha what I want to know is Why he's using a Cisco Pix 501 at his
    > home ...
    > Kinda Expensive overkill isn't it <g>
    >
    > "Paul Lynch" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:47:28 -0700, "ToppJimmy"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Hello,
    >> >
    >> >I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
    >> >have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
    >> >They have called in several people to try and fix it like
    >> >the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
    >> >my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
    >> >and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
    >> >bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
    >> >VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
    >> >501?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks
    >> >Jimmy

    >> Jimmy,
    >>
    >> This is a certification newsgroup. I suggest you try a security or a
    >> networking group instead.
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Paul Lynch
    >> MCSE

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  14. >he found it on the road. it fell of the back of a truck, so he took it
    >home. :-0)

    Hey that was mine, I want it back!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 20, 2004
  15. ToppJimmy

    kpg Guest

    I believe that children are our future
    Teach them well and let them lead the way
    But tell them to keep their damn little monkey hands off the router

    kpg

    kpg, Apr 20, 2004
  16. ToppJimmy

    Neil Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in news:umm81rtJEHA.3628
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > I believe that children are our future
    > Teach them well and let them lead the way
    > But tell them to keep their damn little monkey hands off the router
    >
    > kpg

    You, who are on the router must have a cert that you can surf for.
    And so become certified because the page is just a popup.
    Teach your children well, their father's web did slowly go by,
    and feed them on your links, the one they fix, the one you'll know by.
    Don't you ever ask them to google, when they asked you, you will cry,
    so just look at them and sigh and know they're morons.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  17. ToppJimmy

    Kat Guest

    Wow. it's been so long since I've heard that song, I thought I may
    actually have escaped it.

    So sad.

    Kat, Apr 20, 2004
  18. ToppJimmy

    Neil Guest

    Kat <> wrote in news:408546d3$:

    > Wow. it's been so long since I've heard that song, I thought I may
    > actually have escaped it.

    It was my singing wasn't it...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  19. ToppJimmy

    JaR Guest

    Neil opined, On 4/20/04 8:53 AM:

    > Kat <> wrote in news:408546d3$:
    >

    >>Wow. it's been so long since I've heard that song, I thought I may
    >>actually have escaped it.
    >>

    > It was my singing wasn't it...

    Yes it was, I'm still trying to get the cat out of that tree. Please
    don't do that again.

    JaR
    Deafened Thug

    JaR, Apr 20, 2004
  20. ToppJimmy

    Neil Guest

    JaR <> wrote in news:uBlyVYvJEHA.2884
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Yes it was, I'm still trying to get the cat out of that tree. Please
    > don't do that again.
    >
    > JaR
    > Deafened Thug

    I have told you before. you need to turn down the volume on this
    newsgroup. You should have known that. and when you get the cat out of
    the tree don't forget to punt it...

    --
    Neil MCNGP (# of available hosts in 255.255.255.224)

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004