Pointers also changing into NUMBERS !!!??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by fredcromer, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    As well as some of the current font, changing to squares, instead of 'q' 'z'
    'j''s....it's allright as i'm writing this... but NOW, all of the pointers
    in small windows for ....say....right (in the startbox) or up/down in the
    windowbox in outlook express for 'Views' have changed to rather large
    numbers......right is a thin 8........down is a 'six shaped graphic' and up
    is a '5' shape, they look like them 'wingding' fonts, but i haven't changed
    anything.....I logged on, went onto messenger, then into out.express, and
    when i opened an old e-mail, to read it, certain letters were them 'squares'
    unshaded!! WELL WIERD.....Anyone help me out here?? ALL THE BEST..FRED C...
    P.S. the 'down' pointer for contacts in outlook express is still its NORMAL
    graphic...yet the same 'down' pointer for the 'Views' box is a rather greek
    alphabetty 6......help....cheers

    ---
    fredcromer, Apr 21, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    VWWall Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > As well as some of the current font, changing to squares, instead of 'q' 'z'
    > 'j''s....it's allright as i'm writing this... but NOW, all of the pointers
    > in small windows for ....say....right (in the startbox) or up/down in the
    > windowbox in outlook express for 'Views' have changed to rather large
    > numbers......right is a thin 8........down is a 'six shaped graphic' and up
    > is a '5' shape, they look like them 'wingding' fonts, but i haven't changed
    > anything.....I logged on, went onto messenger, then into out.express, and
    > when i opened an old e-mail, to read it, certain letters were them 'squares'
    > unshaded!! WELL WIERD.....Anyone help me out here?? ALL THE BEST..FRED C...
    > P.S. the 'down' pointer for contacts in outlook express is still its NORMAL
    > graphic...yet the same 'down' pointer for the 'Views' box is a rather greek
    > alphabetty 6......help....cheers

    It looks like the font marlett.ttf may be damaged. See:

    http://www.windows-help.net/windows95/troub-112.shtml

    This is for Win95, but applies to other Windows. Some applications
    use their own fonts rather than marlett.ttf.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.