    I am willing to scrap my current config, it somebody has a working config.

    Thank you,

    Jason Goddard

    John Smith, Dec 5, 2007

  2. "John Smith" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hello:
    >
    > I am trying to bridge to locations via a point to point t1. The provider
    > says that they do no provide clocking on the line. My routers are 1720's
    > with a WIC T1 interface card in both of them. Does anybody have a good
    > configuration for this application? I would like to be able to pull DHCP
    > from the main facility too. Is this possible? Currently I can ping the
    > serial0 interfaces between the routers, but I cannot see through to the
    > LAN. I am willing to scrap my current config, it somebody has a working
    > config.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Jason Goddard

    Hi,

    If the routers can ping each other then you are almost done; maybe you only
    need to configure some routing protocol betwen the routers or use static
    routes.

    Regards,
    Gabriele

    Gabriele Beltrame, Dec 5, 2007

  3. John Smith

    Guest

    On Dec 5, 11:36 am, "Gabriele Beltrame" <> wrote:
    > "John Smith" <> ha scritto nel messaggionews:...
    >
    > > Hello:

    > > I am trying to bridge to locations via a point to point t1. The provider
    > > says that they do no provide clocking on the line. My routers are 1720's
    > > with a WIC T1 interface card in both of them. Does anybody have a good
    > > configuration for this application? I would like to be able to pull DHCP
    > > from the main facility too. Is this possible? Currently I can ping the
    > > serial0 interfaces between the routers, but I cannot see through to the
    > > LAN. I am willing to scrap my current config, it somebody has a working
    > > config.

    > > Thank you,

    > > Jason Goddard

    > Hi,
    >
    > If the routers can ping each other then you are almost done; maybe you only
    > need to configure some routing protocol betwen the routers or use static
    > routes.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gabriele

    Thank you so much. Do you have an example of the static routes? Do I
    need to assign an ip address to my fastethernet0 ports? I mentioned
    above that I would like to DHCP over them, but now I am just going to
    plug my PBX's directly into them. So no need to DHCP. So basicily, I
    am creating a tunnel for two PBX's to talk back and forth.

    Thank you,
    Jason

    , Dec 5, 2007
  4. <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > On Dec 5, 11:36 am, "Gabriele Beltrame" <> wrote:
    >> "John Smith" <> ha scritto nel
    >> messaggionews:...
    >>
    >> > Hello:

    >> > I am trying to bridge to locations via a point to point t1. The
    >> > provider
    >> > says that they do no provide clocking on the line. My routers are
    >> > 1720's
    >> > with a WIC T1 interface card in both of them. Does anybody have a good
    >> > configuration for this application? I would like to be able to pull
    >> > DHCP
    >> > from the main facility too. Is this possible? Currently I can ping
    >> > the
    >> > serial0 interfaces between the routers, but I cannot see through to the
    >> > LAN. I am willing to scrap my current config, it somebody has a working
    >> > config.

    >> > Thank you,

    >> > Jason Goddard

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> If the routers can ping each other then you are almost done; maybe you
    >> only
    >> need to configure some routing protocol betwen the routers or use static
    >> routes.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Gabriele

    > Thank you so much. Do you have an example of the static routes? Do I
    > need to assign an ip address to my fastethernet0 ports? I mentioned
    > above that I would like to DHCP over them, but now I am just going to
    > plug my PBX's directly into them. So no need to DHCP. So basicily, I
    > am creating a tunnel for two PBX's to talk back and forth.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Jason

    Hi,

    If you just need static routing you only have to insert something like this
    (assuming 192.168.1.0/24 is reachable via router A and 192.168.2.0/24 via
    router B):

    RouterA
    ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2 (where 192.168.0.2 is routerB
    serial interface address)

    RouterB
    ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 (where 192.168.0.1 is routerA
    serial interface address)

    You can also avoid using an IP Address and use somethink like this (ip route
    ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 serial<something>

    You need to assign an address to your fastethernet interfaces on both
    routers (this IP will be the gateway used by your IP PBX) (i.e.
    192.168.1.254/24 for RouterA's fa0 and 192.168.2.254/24 for routerB's fa0)

    to proxy DHCP requests arriving at an interface use something like this: ip
    helper-address <dhcp server address>

    Regards,
    Gabriele

    Gabriele Beltrame, Dec 5, 2007
  5. John Smith

    Guest

    On Dec 5, 1:41 pm, "Gabriele Beltrame" <> wrote:
    > <> ha scritto nel messaggionews:...
    >

    > > On Dec 5, 11:36 am, "Gabriele Beltrame" <> wrote:
    > >> "John Smith" <> ha scritto nel
    > >> messaggionews:...

    > >> Hi,

    > >> If the routers can ping each other then you are almost done; maybe you
    > >> only
    > >> need to configure some routing protocol betwen the routers or use static
    > >> routes.

    > >> Regards,
    > >> Gabriele

    > > Thank you so much. Do you have an example of the static routes? Do I
    > > need to assign an ip address to my fastethernet0 ports? I mentioned
    > > above that I would like to DHCP over them, but now I am just going to
    > > plug my PBX's directly into them. So no need to DHCP. So basicily, I
    > > am creating a tunnel for two PBX's to talk back and forth.

    > > Thank you,
    > > Jason

    > Hi,
    >
    > If you just need static routing you only have to insert something like this
    > (assuming 192.168.1.0/24 is reachable via router A and 192.168.2.0/24 via
    > router B):
    >
    > RouterA
    > ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2 (where 192.168.0.2 is routerB
    > serial interface address)
    >
    > RouterB
    > ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 (where 192.168.0.1 is routerA
    > serial interface address)
    >
    > You can also avoid using an IP Address and use somethink like this (ip route
    > ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 serial<something>
    >
    > You need to assign an address to your fastethernet interfaces on both
    > routers (this IP will be the gateway used by your IP PBX) (i.e.
    > 192.168.1.254/24 for RouterA's fa0 and 192.168.2.254/24 for routerB's fa0)
    >
    > to proxy DHCP requests arriving at an interface use something like this: ip
    > helper-address <dhcp server address>
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gabriele- Hide quoted text -

    Gabriele:

    If I understand you correctly, I am plugging the ip address of my IP
    PBX's into the route table correct? My main pbx is 10.0.1.28
    255.255.255.0. My main router serial interface is 10.0.0.1
    255.255.255.252. My remote pbx is 10.0.1.30 255.255.255.0. My remote
    router serial interface is 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252.

    Is this correct?

    Thank you for your patience I am almost there.

    Jason

    , Dec 5, 2007
  6. Hello john,

    > I am trying to bridge to locations via a point to point t1.

    You should go for routing instead of bridging if possible.

    > The provider says that they do no provide clocking on the line.

    I have not seen this on a E1 or T1 before. Read the article below to find
    out more on how to set some kind of clock.I am not sure if this is what you
    are looking for.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_2/feature/guide/clkrate.html
    ---
    Helge Olav Helgesen
    http://www.helge.ne

    Helge Olav Helgesen, Dec 6, 2007
  7. John Smith

    Merv Guest

    Please post output of show diag from one of the 1720

    Merv, Dec 6, 2007
  8. <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > On Dec 5, 1:41 pm, "Gabriele Beltrame" <> wrote:
    >> <> ha scritto nel
    >> messaggionews:...

    >> > Thank you so much. Do you have an example of the static routes? Do I
    >> > need to assign an ip address to my fastethernet0 ports? I mentioned
    >> > above that I would like to DHCP over them, but now I am just going to
    >> > plug my PBX's directly into them. So no need to DHCP. So basicily, I
    >> > am creating a tunnel for two PBX's to talk back and forth.

    >> > Thank you,
    >> > Jason

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> If you just need static routing you only have to insert something like
    >> this
    >> (assuming 192.168.1.0/24 is reachable via router A and 192.168.2.0/24 via
    >> router B):
    >>
    >> RouterA
    >> ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2 (where 192.168.0.2 is
    >> routerB
    >> serial interface address)
    >>
    >> RouterB
    >> ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 (where 192.168.0.1 is
    >> routerA
    >> serial interface address)
    >>
    >> You can also avoid using an IP Address and use somethink like this (ip
    >> route
    >> ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 serial<something>
    >>
    >> You need to assign an address to your fastethernet interfaces on both
    >> routers (this IP will be the gateway used by your IP PBX) (i.e.
    >> 192.168.1.254/24 for RouterA's fa0 and 192.168.2.254/24 for routerB's
    >> fa0)
    >>
    >> to proxy DHCP requests arriving at an interface use something like this:
    >> ip
    >> helper-address <dhcp server address>
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Gabriele- Hide quoted text -

    > Gabriele:
    >
    > If I understand you correctly, I am plugging the ip address of my IP
    > PBX's into the route table correct? My main pbx is 10.0.1.28
    > 255.255.255.0. My main router serial interface is 10.0.0.1
    > 255.255.255.252. My remote pbx is 10.0.1.30 255.255.255.0. My remote
    > router serial interface is 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252.
    >
    > Is this correct?
    >
    > Thank you for your patience I am almost there.
    >
    > Jason

    Hi,

    You can't have two identical prefixes at both routers (without bridging,
    using NATor proxy ARP at least)... so, if you do not want to bridge, you
    have to use something like this
    RouterA
    interface serial0
    ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252

    interface fa0
    ip address 10.0.1.254 255.255.255.0

    ip route 10.0.2.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.2

    RouterB
    interface serial0
    ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252

    interface fa0
    ip address 10.0.2.254 255.255.255.0

    ip route 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1

    If you want (you shouldn't) you can used proxy ARP while having the same
    subnets on both routers (or better use bridging)

    Regards,
    Gabriele

    Gabriele Beltrame, Dec 6, 2007
  9. John Smith

    turnip Guest

    On Dec 6, 8:08 am, Helge Olav Helgesen <> wrote:
    > Hello john,
    >
    > > I am trying to bridge to locations via a point to point t1.

    > You should go for routing instead of bridging if possible.
    >
    > > The provider says that they do no provide clocking on the line.

    > I have not seen this on a E1 or T1 before. Read the article below to find
    > out more on how to set some kind of clock.I am not sure if this is what you
    > are looking for.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_2/feature/guide/clkrate.html
    > ---
    > Helge Olav Helgesenhttp://www.helge.net

    There is no clocking because its a point to point T1. I set one of
    these up recently. It was an AT&T provided line. One router provided
    teh clock, the other got it off the line.

    turnip, Dec 6, 2007