Point-to-Multipoint and Hunt Group

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jo, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. jo

    jo Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone know how I can get 6 ISDN Lines (12 B Channels) that have been
    configured into one hunt group to be recognised by my 2621 with 8 BRI port
    card.

    When I do a show isdn status it says layer 2 is NOT activated, I understand
    this is because BT havent set the lines to use point-to-multipoint. I called
    them up and they said that they cannot activate ptmp on lines that are in a
    hunt group, but looking on the net people seem to think it can be done and
    its just for 'marketing' purposes why BT cannot do this.

    The alternative would be to split the 6 ISDN lines into indivdual numbers,
    so that BT could then enable ptmp on each one. (this is what Bt recommended)

    I am using the 12 channels in a PPP multilink bundle to provide a total
    bandwidth of 768kbs between 2 sites.

    Any pointers would be appreciated...

    Thanks,
    Jo
    jo, Dec 2, 2004

  2. jo

    jo Guest

    Well it would seem that ptmp on a hunt group is possible as BT have set this
    up for me now.

    I guess the moral of the story is dont trust BT!

    jo, Dec 4, 2004