    old Cannon A1, that has '''been very good to me''. I am NOT a camera
    person, just a point/shoot even with the A1. Would appreciate any/all

    input/info. thanks inadvance. cl 73

    Chuck Lorentson, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Chuck Lorentson

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:23:13 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
    (Chuck Lorentson) wrote:

    >I have an inexpensive point and shoot dig camera, and would like to
    >move up to the next step up, and I ""think"" that would be a camera
    >with aperture settings. What is the cheapest unit with these
    >''settings''? I'm not concerned about 'brands'. $ is the prime
    >concern. If u r 2 email me directly, leave off the 'z'. I am still an
    >extreme novice, and would like to learn
    >as much as I can before I ''''dive into the deep water''''. I have an
    >old Cannon A1, that has '''been very good to me''. I am NOT a camera
    >person, just a point/shoot even with the A1. Would appreciate any/all
    >
    >input/info. thanks inadvance. cl 73

    Use the tool at http://www.dpreview.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 26, 2004

  3. "Chuck Lorentson" <> wrote in message
    >I have an inexpensive point and shoot dig camera, and would like to
    > move up to the next step up, and I ""think"" that would be a camera
    > with aperture settings. What is the cheapest unit with these
    > ''settings''? I'm not concerned about 'brands'. $ is the prime
    > concern. If u r 2 email me directly, leave off the 'z'. I am still an
    > extreme novice, and would like to learn
    > as much as I can before I ''''dive into the deep water''''. I have an
    > old Cannon A1, that has '''been very good to me''. I am NOT a camera
    > person, just a point/shoot even with the A1. Would appreciate any/all
    >
    > input/info. thanks inadvance. cl 73

    The next step up shouldn't be to add just one capability. Choose one that
    lets you set other parameters as well. You can learn to use one firts, than
    two or more in combination.

    If you are otherwise happy with your Canon, you might as well stick with
    that brand.

    Marvin Margoshes, Oct 26, 2004