    Thanks a lot.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.
    2.com, Sep 17, 2005

  2. 2.com

    Rudy Benner Guest

    <2.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can I get recommendations for point and shoot 3mp digital cameras with
    > fast lenses and near zero shutter lag?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Darren Harris
    > Staten Island, New York.

    Not asking for much are you.
    Rudy Benner, Sep 17, 2005

  3. 2.com

    al-Farrob Guest

    I don't have one, but I hear the Casio Exilim 's are the fastest

    --
    al-Farrob
    http://www.al-farrob.com - new photos every week
    al-Farrob, Sep 17, 2005
  4. 2.com

    2.com Guest

    Rudy Benner wrote:
    > <2.com> wrote in message
    > > Can I get recommendations for point and shoot 3mp digital cameras with
    > > fast lenses and near zero shutter lag?
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot.
    > >
    > > Darren Harris
    > > Staten Island, New York.
    > >

    > Not asking for much are you.

    Nope. :)

    Since this will bemy first *digital* camera, I figure that I'd start
    simple.

    Darren Harris
    Saten Island, New York.
    2.com, Sep 17, 2005
  5. <2.com> wrote:
    > Rudy Benner wrote:
    >> <2.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can I get recommendations for point and shoot 3mp digital cameras with
    >> > fast lenses and near zero shutter lag?

    >> Not asking for much are you.

    > Nope. :)
    >
    > Since this will bemy first *digital* camera, I figure that I'd start
    > simple.

    The problem is that there are no P&S cameras that are at all useful for low
    light or action photography. The sensors are all incredibly noisy at
    anything over the lowest ISO, the lenses are slow, and the AF glacial. The
    Fuji F10 (I think it is) has the most usable ISO 400 of the current P&S
    cameras, but the lens is really slow at the long end.

    Three or four years ago, I'd have recommended the Sony F717: fast lens,
    great ergonomics (it really is a pleasure to use), and gross but not
    incredibly gross noise at ISO 400. But the P&S cameras have been getting
    worse in the areas you are interested in since then.

    So the right answer for low light/action photography is the Canon 350D with
    a couple of fast primes: the 50/1.4, 85/1.8, and maybe Sigma 30/1.4. (I have
    the 300D + 50/1.4 and it's wonderful for low light work.)

    But it's probably more money than you'd like to spend. (It's incredibly
    compact and light for a dSLR, and with the 50/1.4 would drop into a brief
    case or shoulder bag.)

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Sep 17, 2005
  6. 2.com

    2.com Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > <2.com> wrote:
    > > Rudy Benner wrote:
    > >> <2.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Not asking for much are you.

    > > Nope. :)
    > >
    > > Since this will bemy first *digital* camera, I figure that I'd start
    > > simple.

    > The problem is that there are no P&S cameras that are at all useful for low
    > light or action photography. The sensors are all incredibly noisy at
    > anything over the lowest ISO, the lenses are slow, and the AF glacial. The
    > Fuji F10 (I think it is) has the most usable ISO 400 of the current P&S
    > cameras, but the lens is really slow at the long end.
    >
    > Three or four years ago, I'd have recommended the Sony F717: fast lens,
    > great ergonomics (it really is a pleasure to use), and gross but not
    > incredibly gross noise at ISO 400. But the P&S cameras have been getting
    > worse in the areas you are interested in since then.
    >
    > So the right answer for low light/action photography is the Canon 350D with
    > a couple of fast primes: the 50/1.4, 85/1.8, and maybe Sigma 30/1.4. (I have
    > the 300D + 50/1.4 and it's wonderful for low light work.)
    >
    > But it's probably more money than you'd like to spend. (It's incredibly
    > compact and light for a dSLR, and with the 50/1.4 would drop into a brief
    > case or shoulder bag.)
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    Ok. I guess I'll have to just stiuck witht he 35mm stuff I have for
    this, and try to find a 4mp+ digital camera for some macro photography.

    Thanks.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.
    2.com, Sep 19, 2005