Point and Shoot, Macro, and Flash!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by S Cho, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. S Cho

    S Cho Guest

    Hello,

    I've been trying to select a digital camera and was wondering what
    people would suggest.

    My requirements:

    1. Point'n'Shoot Size - I'm bringing it in to the hospital to take
    pictures of cases, and can't carry a large camera (dSLR) with me all
    the time (easy portability is valuable)
    2. Swivel Screen - required so that I can hold the camera over the
    operating table and take pictures from bird's eye
    3. Macro - I take a lot of shots inside the mouth of objects maybe 1
    cm in width, so I need something that has a decent macro function
    4. Flash - I'd like it to be able to screw on a ring flash/light/LED
    to help illuminate those macro shots
    5. Price Point - $500 (or less!) for the camera would be nice ...

    I've been looking at the Canon Powershot S1 IS, but have had trouble
    finding an appropriate setup for the flash. Was also considering the
    Nikon 5700 ...

    Please let me know what you would suggest, and what experiences you've
    had with that camera. Your help is appreciated!

    Steve

    S Cho, Jun 21, 2004