PocketPC: Palm: Outlook Palm to WinMobile conversion

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RoqueJa, May 22, 2005.

  1. RoqueJa

    RoqueJa Guest

    Is there an _easy_ way to synchronize palm OS calendar and contacts
    data, etc w outlook?

    I am upgrading from an old plam device to a new pocketpc running
    Windows Mobile 2003 which synchs with Outlook 2002 on the desktop.
    I've never run outlook. I keep my calander and contacts in the palm
    desktop software.

    I'm running winXPpro. I can't find the original disks for the palm
    handheld. To move my information I need to sync the palm's data with
    outlook. I never installed the conduit to do that (If I even had it).

    When I try to upgrade my desktop software so I can install the
    conduit I get the error message: "the Win16 subsystem was unable to
    enter protected mode, dosx.exe must be in your autoexec.nt and present
    in your path."

    Does any of this make sense?

    Bottom line: Is the some way to get outlook to read the palm files
    directly?

    How are the files formatted?
    RoqueJa, May 22, 2005