    WiFiSeeker are similar and superior to the three-LED Kensington.

    Has anyone information about comparing the WiFi Detector
    (www.smartid.com.sg) with the WiFiSeeker (www.wifiseeker.com)?

    Paul DeVivo, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Paul DeVivo

    Dave Guest

    "Paul DeVivo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've been reading about the new $30 pocket Wi-Fi sensors: The Kensington
    > WiFi Finder, the WiFiSeeker, and the Wifi Detector from Smartid

    (Singapore).
    > The reviews I've been able to find suggest the four-LED WiFi Finder and
    > WiFiSeeker are similar and superior to the three-LED Kensington.

    well of course they are superior, they have one more led!

    Dave, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Paul DeVivo

    Guest Guest

    It's a waiste of money...
    You can easely build one yourselve for less then 5$ in
    components.... antenna, few diodes, one IC and a few
    LED's....done...

    Guest, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Paul DeVivo

    Al Dente Guest

    care to post some diagrams for us?
    m9876c at yahoo dot com

    ----------------------------

    Al Dente, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Paul DeVivo

    Box134 Guest

    If you can settle for a laptop-sized detector, you can use a laptop with a
    PCMCIA wireless card and NetStumbler software to find Wi-Fi signals. I've
    done this from inside a car. Works amazingly well.

    Box134, Jul 5, 2004
  6. Paul DeVivo

    Borgholio Guest

    Adding a high-gain antenna would make the detector even more sensitive.

    Borgholio, Jul 6, 2004
  7. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:21:26 -0400, "Paul DeVivo" <>
    wrote:

    >I've been reading about the new $30 pocket Wi-Fi sensors: The

    Kensington
    >WiFi Finder, the WiFiSeeker, and the Wifi Detector from Smartid

    (Singapore).
    >The reviews I've been able to find suggest the four-LED WiFi Finder

    and
    >WiFiSeeker are similar and superior to the three-LED Kensington.
    >
    >Has anyone information about comparing the WiFi Detector
    >(www.smartid.com.sg) with the WiFiSeeker (www.wifiseeker.com)?

    The first version of the Kensington was a piece of junk. Mine died
    after a short time and the "life time warranty" was appearantly the
    "lifetime" of the device not the purchaser. I have not replaced it.
    There are some clever sounding approaches available.

    Antenna Erector, Aug 31, 2005
  8. Paul DeVivo

    Ted Guest

    Review of pocket Wi-Fi detectors