    that takes a PCMCIA card?

    --
    Ray Greene

    Ray Greene, Nov 21, 2006

  2. "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone know if there is a Pocket PC or similar sized device running CE
    > that takes a PCMCIA card?
    >
    > --
    > Ray Greene

    Currently most have SDIO slots. A couple have CompactFlash slots. You can
    only get PC Card slots if using a "sleeve" and these are only available for
    older models...

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz
    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Nov 21, 2006

  3. Ray Greene

    Rob Guest

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:

    > "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know if there is a Pocket PC or similar sized device running CE
    >> that takes a PCMCIA card?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ray Greene
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    > Currently most have SDIO slots. A couple have CompactFlash slots. You
    > can only get PC Card slots if using a "sleeve" and these are only
    > available for older models...

    http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=ADPELA9132

    usb - pcmcia adaptor.

    A bit rich though. $399.
    --

    Rob

    Gravity... not just a good idea: It's the law.
    Rob, Nov 21, 2006
  4. Ray Greene

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-11-21, Rob <Here@home> wrote:

    > http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=ADPELA9132
    >
    > usb - pcmcia adaptor.
    >
    > A bit rich though. $399.

    Ouch... I wonder if USB-to-ide and then ide-to-pccard would work.

    PCMCIA is promoting a new type of card that's based around
    USB2 and PCI-express.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Nov 22, 2006
  5. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:39:40 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know if there is a Pocket PC or similar sized device running CE
    >> that takes a PCMCIA card?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ray Greene
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >Currently most have SDIO slots. A couple have CompactFlash slots. You can
    >only get PC Card slots if using a "sleeve" and these are only available for
    >older models...

    OK, thanks.

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Nov 22, 2006
  6. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:30:53 +1300, Rob <Here@home> wrote:

    >Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    >>

    >> "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know if there is a Pocket PC or similar sized device running CE
    >>> that takes a PCMCIA card?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ray Greene
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >> Currently most have SDIO slots. A couple have CompactFlash slots. You
    >> can only get PC Card slots if using a "sleeve" and these are only
    >> available for older models...
    >>

    >http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=ADPELA9132
    >
    >usb - pcmcia adaptor.
    >
    >A bit rich though. $399.

    Hmmm, that could just maybe possibly work, if it's compatible with Windows
    CE. I'll check it out.

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Nov 22, 2006