Pocket PC / Windows Mobile Media Players

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by andy.usenet@gmail.com, Feb 28, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi there, I am trying to find a good media player (for Pocket PC /
    Windows Mobile) that will play streaming audio - MP3, aacPlus and WMA.

    My handheld is running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, the inbuilt
    Windows Media 10 does not seem to play any streams.

    I have tried a trial version of Pocket Music: http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm

    This program claims to support MP3, WMA and aacPlus, however as far as
    streaming formats go it only seems to play MP3, in regards to WMA and
    aacPlus streams it starts buffering, then stops once it hits 100% -no
    music comes out.

    Does anyone know of another piece of software I could use. I am
    prepared to pay for a commercial package, but there is no way I am
    going to part with my money if the 'full featured', time limited trial
    package does not do what it advertises to do.

    Chees, Andy.
    , Feb 28, 2007

    Bring Back Heidy !@#
    Mark Robinson, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Kent Smith Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi there, I am trying to find a good media player (for Pocket PC /
    > Windows Mobile) that will play streaming audio - MP3, aacPlus and WMA.
    >
    > My handheld is running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, the inbuilt
    > Windows Media 10 does not seem to play any streams.
    >
    > I have tried a trial version of Pocket Music:
    > http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm
    >
    > This program claims to support MP3, WMA and aacPlus, however as far as
    > streaming formats go it only seems to play MP3, in regards to WMA and
    > aacPlus streams it starts buffering, then stops once it hits 100% -no
    > music comes out.
    >
    > Does anyone know of another piece of software I could use. I am
    > prepared to pay for a commercial package, but there is no way I am
    > going to part with my money if the 'full featured', time limited trial
    > package does not do what it advertises to do.
    >
    > Chees, Andy.

    I use http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/ says it support s WMA, not sure
    about aac but I don't use them. I use it mainly for divx and mp3.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Feb 28, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > Hi there, I am trying to find a good media player (for Pocket PC /
    > Windows Mobile) that will play streaming audio - MP3, aacPlus and WMA.
    >
    > My handheld is running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, the inbuilt
    > Windows Media 10 does not seem to play any streams.
    >
    > I have tried a trial version of Pocket Music: http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm
    >
    > This program claims to support MP3, WMA and aacPlus, however as far as
    > streaming formats go it only seems to play MP3, in regards to WMA and
    > aacPlus streams it starts buffering, then stops once it hits 100% -no
    > music comes out.
    >
    > Does anyone know of another piece of software I could use. I am
    > prepared to pay for a commercial package, but there is no way I am
    > going to part with my money if the 'full featured', time limited trial
    > package does not do what it advertises to do.
    >
    > Chees, Andy.

    The ultimate and free google TCPMP for the one I use it is very good, not sure
    about internet streams but probably
    Collector»NZ, Feb 28, 2007
  5. bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi there, I am trying to find a good media player (for Pocket PC /
    > Windows Mobile) that will play streaming audio - MP3, aacPlus and WMA.
    >
    > My handheld is running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, the inbuilt
    > Windows Media 10 does not seem to play any streams.
    >
    > I have tried a trial version of Pocket Music: http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm
    >
    > This program claims to support MP3, WMA and aacPlus, however as far as
    > streaming formats go it only seems to play MP3, in regards to WMA and
    > aacPlus streams it starts buffering, then stops once it hits 100% -no
    > music comes out.
    >
    > Does anyone know of another piece of software I could use. I am
    > prepared to pay for a commercial package, but there is no way I am
    > going to part with my money if the 'full featured', time limited trial
    > package does not do what it advertises to do.
    >
    > Chees, Andy.

    Bugger. Just wiped all software off my jornada to pass on to someone
    else. I downloaded a free divx/xvid player from somewhere and it played
    most stuff I threw at it. Dunno about streaming though. I forget the
    name but I googled for divx stuff for Win mobile and sifted thru the
    results. I too had hassles with the pocket music stuff and also found
    the free version to be POS (imo). Others seem to like it tho and it
    appears popular.

    Thinking more on it I could also have got codecs for WMP to enable
    playback also. So long ago I've forgotten.

    Good luck

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Feb 28, 2007
  6. ~misfit~ Guest

    bAZZ wrote:

    <snip>

    Bazz, you have mail. :)

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Mar 1, 2007
  7. bAZZ Guest

    In article <45e62414$>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    >

    > <snip>
    >
    > Bazz, you have mail. :)
    >
    > Cheers,

    So do you once I've checked these groups :)

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 1, 2007
  8. ~misfit~ Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <45e62414$>,
    > says...
    > > bAZZ wrote:
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Bazz, you have mail. :)
    > >
    > > Cheers,

    > So do you once I've checked these groups :)

    Gmail must be playing up (No mail as of right now) and I only have 1/4 of a
    bottle of Johnny Walker Red left :-( (I remember the days when I only drank
    Black label, or Blue, or even Gold) Lucky I had a bunch of Xanax to take
    with my drink. ;-) On my budget I have to potentiate my alcohol when I can.
    It's my first bottle of Johhny for a few years, bought more out of despair
    rather than any financial surplus. (Hah!) Life can seriously suck sometimes,
    it takes major willpower to keep smiling, now and then ethanol helps. (Shame
    I have a discerning pallette on my budget) The distraction of advising
    Allistar on his new system is a welcome focus.

    Be well brother,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Mar 1, 2007