    see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why would they be
    sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any helpful suggestions?
    Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?
    D. Arlington, Sep 13, 2009

  2. D. Arlington

    Mike Easter Guest

    D. Arlington wrote:

    > I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
    > frames and they came down as/in PDF files.

    Exactly what does this sentence mean? Especially the 'supposed to be'
    part? Where is a description of whatever you downloaded that says what
    you are saying?

    Do you have Adobe Acrobat?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 13, 2009

  3. D. Arlington

    chuckcar Guest

    "D. Arlington" <> wrote in

    > How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
    > don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
    > frames and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but
    > I can't see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why
    > would they be sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any
    > helpful suggestions? Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

    You need Adobe Acrobat or some free tool for manipulating PDF files as
    opposed to Acrobat *Reader* which only displays them.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 13, 2009
  4. D. Arlington

    alan Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "D. Arlington" <> wrote in
    >
    >> How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
    >> don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
    >> frames and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but
    >> I can't see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why
    >> would they be sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any
    >> helpful suggestions? Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?
    >>

    > You need Adobe Acrobat or some free tool for manipulating PDF files as
    > opposed to Acrobat *Reader* which only displays them.

    Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
    Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
    camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
    Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as PNG,
    JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .
    alan, Sep 13, 2009
  5. D. Arlington

    D. Arlington Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > D. Arlington wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
    >> frames and they came down as/in PDF files.

    > Exactly what does this sentence mean? Especially the 'supposed to be'
    > part? Where is a description of whatever you downloaded that says what
    > you are saying?
    >
    > Do you have Adobe Acrobat?

    Yes. Of course. That's what they are in, or on the pages of in PDF format.
    The site said they were free to download and use.

    D. Arlington, Sep 13, 2009
  6. D. Arlington

    D. Arlington Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "D. Arlington" <> wrote in
    >
    >> How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
    >> don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG
    >> frames and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but
    >> I can't see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why
    >> would they be sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any
    >> helpful suggestions? Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?
    >>

    > You need Adobe Acrobat or some free tool for manipulating PDF files as
    > opposed to Acrobat *Reader* which only displays them.

    OK, I didn't know the difference. I never had to manipulate PDF files. I
    thought Reader and Acrobat were the same thing. I'll search Google for a
    copy of Acrobat, not the reader.

    D. Arlington, Sep 13, 2009
  7. D. Arlington

    D. Arlington Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:27:19 -0700, " alan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
    >>Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
    >>camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
    >>Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as
    >>PNG,
    >>JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

    > Or even the printscreen key on your keyboard will work too :)

    I'll give it a try. No, I don't have Foxit.
    D. Arlington, Sep 13, 2009
  8. D. Arlington

    D. Arlington Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:27:19 -0700, " alan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
    >>Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
    >>camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
    >>Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as
    >>PNG,
    >>JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

    > Or even the printscreen key on your keyboard will work too :)

    Printscreen doesn't work. It can't save one image at a time from a PDF file.
    It saves them all as one large JPG. They can't be saved individually with a
    "save as" so they can be added to an Imaging program as frames. How can
    they be separated into individual frames, individual PNGs?

    I don't want to buy Adobe Acrobat just to see if it works to separate the
    PNGs into usable frames. I would have no other use for the software.
    D. Arlington, Sep 13, 2009
  9. D. Arlington

    Guest

    "D. Arlington" <> wrote:

    >How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
    >don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG frames
    >and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but I can't
    >see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why would they be
    >sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any helpful suggestions?
    >Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

    I've done what your asking and it took Adobe.Acrobat.Professional (I
    used version.v8) (torrent) it will strip all the graphics out of a PDF
    file in one step effortlessly. My PDF files weren't edit protected,
    and contained maybe 25 images in each PDF file.

    I have and use Foxit (with all the extras), and you can extract
    graphics, but it's one at a time , besides the other ways mentioned
    you can edit the graphics (double click on it), copy it, then paste it
    into irfanview - I just went thru Foxit I can't find a dump graphics
    option.

    I had to remove Adobe.Acrobat.Professional.v8 right after the
    extractions, as is very intrusive.

    My copy
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3556482/Adobe.Acrobat.Professional.v8.PROPER-ZWTiSO
    Read the replies, it's been awhile but I remember just installing the
    program not this B.S. of installing version 7 first.

    Use www.Utorrent.com to download, and Peer Guardian 3
    http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/ to hide yourself as well as you can.

    Or you can use Photoshop but it appears only one at a time as well.
    --

    Shampoo for blonds
    http://tinyurl.com/p6ve92
  10. D. Arlington

    M.L. Guest

    >How are PNG's (image frames in this case) extracted from Adobe PDFs? I
    >don't understand this. I downloaded what were supposed to be free PNG frames
    >and they came down as/in PDF files. They're beautiful frames but I can't
    >see how they could be used in an image editing program. Why would they be
    >sent this way? They don't seem to be attachments. Any helpful suggestions?
    >Am I asking this question in the right newsgroup?

    Some PDF Images Extract (freeware)
    http://www.somepdf.com/downloads.html
    M.L., Sep 13, 2009
  11. D. Arlington

    D. Arlington Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:27:19 -0700, " alan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
    >>Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
    >>camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
    >>Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as
    >>PNG,
    >>JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

    > Or even the printscreen key on your keyboard will work too :)

    I'll try that and hope they still work as frames. Thanks.
    D. Arlington, Sep 17, 2009
  12. D. Arlington

    M.L. Guest

    >>>Actually, you don't need to manipulate them as PDF's. If you've got Foxit
    >>>Reader, for example, just use the "snapshot" tool (icon looks like a
    >>>camera) --- selecting the image automatically copies it to your clipboard.
    >>>Then open up something like Irfanview, paste the image, and save it as
    >>>PNG,
    >>>JPG, GIF, BMP, or whatever you like . . . .

    Some PDF Images Extract can directly extract png, jpg, bmp, gif, tif,
    pcx, tga images.
    http://www.somepdf.com/some-pdf-image-extract.html
    M.L., Sep 18, 2009