    way to do this? I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Thanks in advanced!

    --
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
    PKSon, Sep 1, 2007

  2. PKSon

    PeeCee Guest

    "PKSon" <> wrote in message
    news:z%1Ci.110597$fJ5.86010@pd7urf1no...
    > Is there a way to transfer PNG formatted pictures to JPEG formatted
    > pictures? The only way I know of is by opening the file in Paint and
    > saving the file as a JPEG file type and deleting the PNG file. Is there an
    > easier way to do this? I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Thanks in
    > advanced!
    >
    > --
    > RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

    Irfanview 4.00 will save in png format and has a batch mode where you can
    point it at a folder of png files and get it to convert all of them to jpg's
    and delete the png's afterwards.
    (just go to Batch Conversion/Rename under the File menu)

    www.irfanview.com

    Having said that I must ask why you want to convert them from a lossless
    format to a lossy format?
    For a better idea of the advantage of using png format read up on the
    Wikipedia.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Sep 1, 2007

  3. PKSon

    Mitch Guest

    In article <z%1Ci.110597$fJ5.86010@pd7urf1no>, PKSon
    <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to transfer PNG formatted pictures to JPEG formatted
    > pictures? The only way I know of is by opening the file in Paint and saving
    > the file as a JPEG file type and deleting the PNG file. Is there an easier
    > way to do this? I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Thanks in advanced!

    Wrong term -- you are NOT trying to "transfer" the photos, you are
    apparently trying to CONVERT them. That is, trying to change their
    coding format from one type to another.

    A transfer is moving it from a location -- totally irrelevant to it's
    KIND.

    WHat you are asking about might be "batch conversion" -- where you
    specify a folder of source images and the destination and the intended
    type, and have it process that group.
    Yes, there are plenty of batch conversion tools. I see my Photoshop
    Elements can do it, but I usually use Graphic Converter (which has
    always been Mac-only). Irfanview, for Windows, may be able to do it.
    Mitch, Sep 1, 2007