PNCRT.DLL THEY SAY IT IS MISSING???

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by tish, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. tish

    tish Guest

    i am running WinXP with FF 1.0.6

    today i downloaded 2 extensions (google options and the no
    script)without difficulty till i tried re-open .then i received the
    following message:

    "The application has failed to start because PNCRT.dll was not found.
    reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

    i did not try it reinstall and tried to find the 2 new extensions and
    cannot find them.

    second,i just tried again and got the same error message but FF opened
    an seems to be OK...but i just do not trust it now

    does anyone have any ideas?

    --
    peace,
    tish

    http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2">Join our club and swap
    paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com
    tish, Oct 13, 2005

  2. tish

    gwtc Guest

    tish wrote:

    > i am running WinXP with FF 1.0.6
    >
    > today i downloaded 2 extensions (google options and the no
    > script)without difficulty till i tried re-open .then i received the
    > following message:
    >
    > "The application has failed to start because PNCRT.dll was not found.
    > reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
    >
    > i did not try it reinstall and tried to find the 2 new extensions and
    > cannot find them.
    >
    > second,i just tried again and got the same error message but FF opened
    > an seems to be OK...but i just do not trust it now
    >
    > does anyone have any ideas?

    PNCRT.dll belongs to real networks -- aka real player.
    gwtc, Oct 14, 2005

  3. tish

    tish Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    PNCRT.dll belongs to real networks -- aka real player.

    that is interesting...i don't have real player on my system per se...but
    do have Rhapsody player provided by my cable ISP

    thanks...still wondering how they could be related???
    peace,
    tish

    tish, Oct 14, 2005
  4. tish wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    > PNCRT.dll belongs to real networks -- aka real player.
    >
    > that is interesting...i don't have real player on my system per se...but
    > do have Rhapsody player provided by my cable ISP
    >
    > thanks...still wondering how they could be related???
    > peace,
    > tish
    >> tish wrote:
    >>
    >>> i am running WinXP with FF 1.0.6
    >>>
    >>> today i downloaded 2 extensions (google options and the no
    >>> script)without difficulty till i tried re-open .then i received the
    >>> following message:
    >>>
    >>> "The application has failed to start because PNCRT.dll was not found.
    >>> reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
    >>>
    >>> i did not try it reinstall and tried to find the 2 new extensions and
    >>> cannot find them.
    >>>
    >>> second,i just tried again and got the same error message but FF
    >>> opened an seems to be OK...but i just do not trust it now
    >>>
    >>> does anyone have any ideas?

    Since most people on this group bottom post, it might help to follow the
    threads if we all did so, just a thought.

    I am unfamiliar with the extensions you have installed, so I don't know
    for sure, but I wonder if one of them may be looking for Real Player.

    First of all, try starting FF in Safe Mode,(Start>>Programs>>Mozilla
    Firefox>>Safe Mode) and see if the problem goes away. If it does, the
    problem is the extension. Uninstall the extension, and all should be well.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2005
  5. tish

    gwtc Guest

    tish wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    > PNCRT.dll belongs to real networks -- aka real player.
    >
    > that is interesting...i don't have real player on my system per se...but
    > do have Rhapsody player provided by my cable ISP
    >
    > thanks...still wondering how they could be related???
    > peace,
    > tish
    >
    >> tish wrote:
    >>
    >>> i am running WinXP with FF 1.0.6
    >>>
    >>> today i downloaded 2 extensions (google options and the no
    >>> script)without difficulty till i tried re-open .then i received the
    >>> following message:
    >>>
    >>> "The application has failed to start because PNCRT.dll was not found.
    >>> reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
    >>>
    >>> i did not try it reinstall and tried to find the 2 new extensions and
    >>> cannot find them.
    >>>
    >>> second,i just tried again and got the same error message but FF
    >>> opened an seems to be OK...but i just do not trust it now
    >>>
    >>> does anyone have any ideas?

    find the file on your hard disk, right click on it and select
    properties, then select the Version Tab. From there you can tell who
    made the file.

    BTW -- doesn't Real Audio put out the Rhapsody Player? So maybe that
    dll file comes from them.
    gwtc, Oct 14, 2005