    P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
    joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    were of last year's car!!

    RichA, Feb 23, 2010

  2. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises.

    Boo hoo! And to think that you didn't even spend any money to attend.
    You should ask for a refund.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Feb 23, 2010

  3. RichA

    NameHere Guest

    On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:36 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
    >joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    >were of last year's car!!

    Even worse, if all car models for this year were just as limited in use as
    those of the whole last century. Just like all DSLRs are designed with last
    century's crippling focal-plane shutters and loud camera-jarring slapping
    mirrors. Now that would be truly sad.

    NameHere, Feb 23, 2010
  4. RichA

    Bob Williams Guest

    Val Hallah wrote:
    > On Feb 23, 4:04 am, RichA <> wrote:
    >> P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
    >> joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    >> were of last year's car!!

    > Olympus sp800 looks great....out March 10th

    The price is right but think about holding a 30X zoom at arm's length
    because there is no EVF. :-(
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Feb 23, 2010
  5. RichA

    Lucas Guest

    Maybe they are saving the "goodies" for Photokina in September?

    Lucas, Feb 23, 2010
  6. In rec.photo.digital Bob Williams <> wrote:
    > Val Hallah wrote:
    >> On Feb 23, 4:04 am, RichA <> wrote:
    >>> P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
    >>> joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    >>> were of last year's car!!

    >> Olympus sp800 looks great....out March 10th

    > The price is right but think about holding a 30X zoom at arm's length
    > because there is no EVF. :-(

    Congrats if you can hold an 800mm (35mm film equiv) lens steady while
    looking through a viewfinder!

    The camera has a tripod mount. Guess what it's for :)

    --
    Chris Malcolm

    Chris Malcolm, Feb 23, 2010
  7. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    wrote:
    >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
    >joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    >were of last year's car!!

    You obviously haven't heard - we're in a recession. ;-)

    As a Nikon user, I'm quite happy. I've ordered both the 24mm f/1.4
    and the 16-35mm f/4 VR.

    Bruce, Feb 23, 2010
  8. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    Val Hallah wrote:
    > Chris Malcolm wrote:
    >> Bob Williams wrote:

    >>> The price is right but think about holding a 30X zoom at arm's length
    >>> because there is no EVF. :-(

    >> Congrats if you can hold an 800mm (35mm film equiv) lens steady while
    >> looking through a viewfinder!
    >>
    >> The camera has a tripod mount. Guess what it's for :)

    > I do fine with a sp590 (676mm)
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/40732837@N07/3924734453/meta/

    Looks good other than washed out but the largest available is a 5x
    reduction to 800 pixels from 3968 so it's not telling us anything.
    Assuming that's a 2x teleconverter...

    Paul Furman, Feb 23, 2010
  9. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Feb 23, 7:00 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:36 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises.  What a
    > >joke.  Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    > >were of last year's car!!

    > You obviously haven't heard - we're in a recession.  ;-)
    >
    > As a Nikon user, I'm quite happy.  I've ordered both the 24mm f/1.4
    > and the 16-35mm f/4 VR.

    Speaking of recession, how much did the two lenses cost?

    RichA, Feb 24, 2010
  10. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:03:44 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Feb 23, 7:00 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:36 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises.  What a
    >> >joke.  Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
    >> >were of last year's car!!

    >> You obviously haven't heard - we're in a recession.  ;-)
    >>
    >> As a Nikon user, I'm quite happy.  I've ordered both the 24mm f/1.4
    >> and the 16-35mm f/4 VR.

    >Speaking of recession, how much did the two lenses cost?

    The 24mm f/1.4 was GBP 1949 and the 16-35mm f/4 VR was GBP 1049
    including taxes (17.5% VAT). Those are retail prices.

    I'm leasing over three years, and the total leasing cost (including
    all interest) over that time will be slightly less than the retail
    price. In other words, there is a discount which covers the extra
    cost of leasing.

    Bruce, Feb 24, 2010
  11. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:51:27 -0800 (PST), Val Hallah
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 24, 12:53 am, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    >> Val Hallah wrote:

    >> > I do fine with a sp590 (676mm)

    >> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/40732837@N07/3924734453/meta/

    >> Looks good other than washed out but the largest available is a 5x
    >> reduction to 800 pixels from 3968 so it's not telling us anything.
    >> Assuming that's a 2x teleconverter...

    >Olympus sp590uz...but there is no blurring
    >
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/41438729@N05/3824849611/meta/

    I think you need new glasses. Even at 800x600 with no pixel-peeping
    there's obvious blurring.

    John A., Feb 24, 2010
  12. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    Val Hallah wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 12:53 am, Paul Furman<> wrote:
    >> Val Hallah wrote:

    >>> I do fine with a sp590 (676mm)

    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/40732837@N07/3924734453/meta/

    >> Looks good other than washed out but the largest available is a 5x
    >> reduction to 800 pixels from 3968 so it's not telling us anything.
    >> Assuming that's a 2x teleconverter...

    > Olympus sp590uz...but there is no blurring

    There could be a 5-pixel shake but it would be invisible reduced like
    that. A crop?

    Paul Furman, Feb 24, 2010
  13. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:28:21 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >Val Hallah wrote:

    >>> Looks good other than washed out but the largest available is a 5x
    >>> reduction to 800 pixels from 3968 so it's not telling us anything.
    >>> Assuming that's a 2x teleconverter...

    >> Olympus sp590uz...but there is no blurring

    >There could be a 5-pixel shake but it would be invisible reduced like
    >that. A crop?

    A troll, actually. The infamous P&S Troll. Stick around a bit and
    you'll learn to recognize it.

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/41438729@N05/3824849611/meta/

    He's broken pattern here, though, posting a flickr link that can be
    followed to the user. Probably not his photos, then, although a while
    back someone claimed to know who he was and named him. Anyone remember
    the name?

    John A., Feb 24, 2010
  14. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:26:15 -0500, John A. wrote:

    >>> Olympus sp590uz...but there is no blurring

    >>There could be a 5-pixel shake but it would be invisible reduced like
    >>that. A crop?

    > A troll, actually. The infamous P&S Troll. Stick around a bit and you'll
    > learn to recognize it.

    Val Hallah is NOT the P&S troll.

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

    Robert Spanjaard, Feb 24, 2010
  15. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    Val Hallah wrote:
    > Paul Furman wrote:
    >> Val Hallah wrote:

    >>> Olympus sp590uz...but there is no blurring

    >> There could be a 5-pixel shake but it would be invisible reduced like
    >> that. A crop?
    >>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/41438729@N05/3824849611/meta/

    > would you like me to upload the full file ?

    Sure.
    Sorry I didn't intend to pick on you, the troll got me riled on this
    issue. A reduced image does not really say anything though.

    Paul Furman, Feb 24, 2010
  16. RichA

    Dan M Guest

    On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:45:24 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >Val Hallah wrote:
    >> Paul Furman wrote:

    >>> There could be a 5-pixel shake but it would be invisible reduced like
    >>> that. A crop?

    >> would you like me to upload the full file ?

    >Sure.
    >Sorry I didn't intend to pick on you, the troll got me riled on this
    >issue. A reduced image does not really say anything though.

    The only thing that riled you in that downsized flying beetle image is that
    full size or downsize, neither matters in that image because the content
    alone is unexplainable for what it is proving to you in that teeny tiny
    inexperienced and ignorant snapshooter's
    DSLR-TROLL mind of yours.

    Dan M, Feb 24, 2010
  17. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:08:34 -0600, Dan M <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:45:24 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Val Hallah wrote:

    >>> would you like me to upload the full file ?

    >>Sure.
    >>Sorry I didn't intend to pick on you, the troll got me riled on this
    >>issue. A reduced image does not really say anything though.

    >The only thing that riled you in that downsized flying beetle image is that
    >full size or downsize, neither matters in that image because the content
    >alone is unexplainable for what it is proving to you in that teeny tiny
    >inexperienced and ignorant snapshooter's
    >DSLR-TROLL mind of yours.

    Ahhh... there it is!

    John A., Feb 25, 2010
  18. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:26:37 +0100, Robert Spanjaard
    <> wrote:

    >>>There could be a 5-pixel shake but it would be invisible reduced like
    >>>that. A crop?

    >> A troll, actually. The infamous P&S Troll. Stick around a bit and you'll
    >> learn to recognize it.

    >Val Hallah is NOT the P&S troll.

    My mistake. In this light they looked similar.

    John A., Feb 25, 2010
  19. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    Val Hallah wrote:
    > Paul Furman wrote:
    >> Val Hallah wrote:

    >>> would you like me to upload the full file ?

    >> Sure.
    >> Sorry I didn't intend to pick on you, the troll got me riled on this
    >> issue. A reduced image does not really say anything though.

    > et viola!
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/41438729@N05/4400738576/

    Better, although that's still a 4x reduction.

    Paul Furman, Mar 2, 2010
  20. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > "Val Hallah"<> wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 5:14 pm, Paul Furman<> wrote:
    >> Val Hallah wrote:

    >>> et viola!
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/41438729@N05/4400738576/

    >> Better, although that's still a 4x reduction.

    > blame flickr

    Ah, not a paid account I guess... I'm glad to post if you want or just
    do a 1024 pixel crop.

    > Nah. Blame the bloke who uses flickr.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/120719456/original

    Yeah but that's 40mm, not 676mm <g>.