    {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/ but
    there is another from the same isp but with way better retention levels and
    more groups. Can anyone plz help.
    fokker, Oct 18, 2003

  2. fokker

    Boomer Guest

    fokker wrote:

    > I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers
    > name i was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one
    > from my isp_ {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is
    > news.blueyonder.co.uk/ but there is another from the same isp
    > but with way better retention levels and more groups. Can anyone
    > plz help.

    Have you asked at a BlueYonder newsgroup?

    news.blueyonder.co.uk
    Boomer, Oct 18, 2003

  3. fokker

    °Mike° Guest

    Server Names
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/server.shtml

    Binary News: news.blueyonder.co.uk
    Text-based newsgroups ONLY: news-text.blueyonder.co.uk

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:28:41 GMT, in
    <Xns94184D37DC21fokkefokcom@194.117.133.134>
    fokker scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003
  4. fokker

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:28:41 GMT, fokker wrote:

    >I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i was
    >using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
    >{BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/ but
    >there is another from the same isp but with way better retention levels and
    >more groups. Can anyone plz help.

    news-text.blueyonder.co.uk , non-binary.

    As already posted, see the ISP's own links or you could always have
    tried these groups,

    blueyonder.discussion.usenet
    blueyonder.users.self-help
    blueyonder.users.faqs

    Other servers, for binary stuff IIRC (may still be Alpha/Beta/Testing)
    only

    news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk
    fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk (very much a test box)

    Me
    why?, Oct 18, 2003
  5. fokker

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:

    > I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
    > was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
    > {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
    > but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
    > levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

    Have you heard of the Internet ?
    Fucking wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge, if
    you can be fuckin bothered.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  6. fokker

    fokker Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in

    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:
    >
    >> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
    >> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
    >> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
    >> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
    >> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

    > Have you heard of the Internet ?
    > Fucking wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge, if
    > you can be fuckin bothered.

    Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
    find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
    but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us to
    read and send electronic mail messages through use of the internet. I
    think what you mean is have i heard of a program called INTERNET
    EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.
    fokker, Oct 18, 2003
  7. fokker

    Rifleman Guest

    fokker wrote:
    > "slumpy" <> wrote in
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:
    >>
    >>> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
    >>> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
    >>> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
    >>> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
    >>> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

    >> Have you heard of the Internet ?
    >> Fucking wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge,
    >> if you can be fuckin bothered.

    > Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
    > find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
    > but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us
    > to read and send electronic mail messages through use of the
    > internet. I think what you mean is have i heard of a program called
    > INTERNET EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.

    I think your name - fokker - is very apt.
    Lazy fokker.
    Rifleman, Oct 18, 2003
  8. fokker

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as fokker continued:

    >>> I have recently just formated my comp and forgot the servers name i
    >>> was using. Its not a subscribed server just a free one from my isp_
    >>> {BLUEYONDER}. The one i am using just now is news.blueyonder.co.uk/
    >>> but there is another from the same isp but with way better retention
    >>> levels and more groups. Can anyone plz help.

    >> Have you heard of the Internet ?
    >> Fucking wonderful, you can get loads of information free of charge,
    >> if you can be fuckin bothered.

    > Have i heard of the internet?, lets see, i thought what i was using to
    > find some help, was an internet based program, correct me if im wrong
    > but isnt that what newsreaders are, there the programs that allow us
    > to read and send electronic mail messages through use of the
    > internet. I think what you mean is have i heard of a program called
    > INTERNET EXPLORER, and the awnser is yes i have thank you.

    So, instead of going to your ISP's website, you decided to come onto
    Usenet and ask *someone* *else* to go on /your/ ISP's website, find the
    information or page *you* need and post it back to you ?

    Rifleman is so right - lazy Fokker.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  9. fokker

    3263232 Guest

    It's a "24hourSUPPORT.helpdesk isn't it?

    3263232, Oct 18, 2003
  10. fokker

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as 3263232 continued:

    http://nj2t.net/personal/test/button/index2.htm
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  11. fokker

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as 3263232 continued:

    > It's a "24hourSUPPORT.helpdesk isn't it?

    So ?
    If I asked how much a lamb bhuna, special fried rice and a popadom would
    cost from *my* local takeaway, you'd tell me to stop being such a lazy
    fucker and ring them myself.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  12. fokker

    DM Guest

    Erm I feel hungry now have you got there Number :)

    DM, Oct 18, 2003
  13. fokker

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as DM continued:

    > Erm I feel hungry now have you got there Number :)

    662376
    Without looking ;-)
    --
    slumpy