plz answer this windows service question

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by saurabh, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. saurabh

    saurabh Guest

    hello

    all of

    i am preparing for the exam 70-310, just cleared 70-306

    i am trying to start a windows service name TestService which i developed and deployed but on strating the service from
    service control manager , i got following erro

    "could not start TestService service on localcomputer

    service did not return an Error. this could be a Internal Windows error o

    internal service error.

    wt is the solution for this erro

    plz help m

    thanks a lo

    saurabh
    saurabh, Feb 26, 2004

  2. saurabh

    Jeff Daniels Guest

    I've seen this a few times also. It probably means that
    the OnStart has encountered an error. Put a try/catch in
    the OnStart to either write the error to the event log or
    dump it to a file. That will at least give you a good
    starting point with a better error message.

    Windows error or

    Jeff Daniels, Mar 2, 2004