    need to put in where please?

    Thanks.

    Marty

    Marty C, May 7, 2006

  2. Marty C

    Memnoch Guest

    On Sun, 7 May 2006 13:57:54 +0100, "Marty C" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to get
    >it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.
    >
    >Has anyone managed to do this successfully and if so which settings do I
    >need to put in where please?

    Not sure about PlusTalk as I use Sipgate but the following guide should work
    for you if you subsitute the Sipgate servers for the Plustalk ones:

    How do I configure my SJPhone softphone to work with sipgate?
    Use this as a guide for configuring your SJPhone softphone:

    SIP Proxy:
    Proxy domain: sipgate.co.uk: 0
    User domain: sipgate.co.uk

    Register on proxy: yes
    Proxy is strict outbound: yes

    Proxy for nat: sipgate.co.uk : 0

    Use separate registrar: no
    Unregister contact address only: yes

    General:
    Change nothing

    STUN:
    Use discovered addresses in SIP: yes
    Server address: stun.sipgate.net: 10000 (note: not co.uk, but .net)

    Memnoch, May 7, 2006

  3. Marty C

    Rob Guest

    "Marty C" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to

    get
    > it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.
    >
    > Has anyone managed to do this successfully and if so which settings do I
    > need to put in where please?

    PlusTalk is not working on everyones' account ATM (even with the recommended
    X-Lite software).

    I have had a ticket open on this problem for about a month now, yet to be
    solved by PlusNet.

    Please ignore this if you have had PlusTalk working already with X-Lite or
    some other hardware solution.

    Rob

    Rob, May 7, 2006
  4. Marty C

    Marty C Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > "Marty C" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to

    > get
    >> it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.

    Sorry to answer my own question, but just in case someone else is strugling
    with this the procedure is as follows:

    1. Setup a profile, with profile type 'Calls through SIP Proxy'

    2. Initialization Tab Settings

    User data 'Account' and 'Password' all selected.
    Caller ID - none selected
    FullAddr of Rec - none selected

    3. SIP Proxy Tab Settings

    Proxy Domain sip.plus.net : 5060
    User Domain sip.plus.net
    Register with proxy selected
    Proxy is strict outbound not selected
    Unregister contact address only selected

    4. Advanced Tab and DTMF Tabs

    Leave as default.

    5. STUN Tab

    Use discovered address in SIP Selected
    Server Address stun.softjoys.com:3478

    Other settings all default

    6. Service Profile settings:

    Account Enter SIP ID: 2?????? Etc
    Password Enter your plus.net account password

    You should now be able to log into the plus talk service. If not check
    firewall settings, so that ports 3478 and 5060 are open for UDP traffic and
    forwarded to your PDA device IP address.

    Answer from PG Nicoll on PlusNet forum:
    http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41832

    Marty

    Marty C, May 14, 2006