  1. When is Microsoft going to come out with a workable Plus! themes package? Or
    is there a work-around? I just got the SuperPack for Windows XP and it won't
    install.

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9vbnRoaXJzdHk=?=, Sep 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TW9vbnRoaXJzdHk=?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Not sure about the package you have but I installed the older original
    "Plus! for Windows XP" (Home and Professional - 32bit) on to this WinXP Pro
    x64 Edition (just to tempt fate really!) and it installed and works fine?

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Sep 10, 2005

  3. I found this article, that reports Microsoft Plus! DME will on run on x64
    because it supports the WOW64 Layer:
    "Some games will use WOW64 such as Fright Stimulator, Age of Empires and Age
    of Mythology. Other apps including Microsoft Streets, Digital Image Suite,
    and and "Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition" will also use WOW64."
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16946

    I am not certain that the other editions such as Plus! for Windows XP Home &
    Professional and SuperPack are supported, they don't even list Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition as a supported operating system on Windows Market
    Place.
    http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/specs.aspx?itemId=1166873&stext=Microsoft%20Plus!%20SuperPack

    I don't think Microsoft will even bother investing resources to make it
    compatible with x64 since Windows Vista is coming out next year.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 10, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TW9vbnRoaXJzdHk=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    > When is Microsoft going to come out with a workable Plus! themes package?
    > Or
    > is there a work-around? I just got the SuperPack for Windows XP and it
    > won't
    > install.

    Okay class, lets review:

    Microsoft Plus!, Plus! Digital Media Edition, and Plus! Superpack have been
    sold for years.
    Now we learn from "Moonthirsty" that it will not install.

    Hmmm...first I have heard about it!!!

    Perhaps, Moonthirsty, it is just your computer that is having issues?

    You are pointing the finger at MS when it should be pointing at you, and the
    issues/problems with your computer that is preventing installation.

    Perhaps a better way to have asked is to simply post the errors you get when
    trying to install, as well as the specs of your machine.

    Tens of thousands of people have successfully and easily installed it.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 10, 2005