    GA
    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    Gordon Abbot, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Gordon Abbot

    Splibbilla Guest

    Gordon Abbot <> in news::

    > I already have several programs (ms media player, shockwave, quicktime)
    > but none are installed in moz as a plugin because the program was there
    > before I installed moz.
    >
    > Is there an easy way to have moz recognize the programs as already there
    > without going through the process of re-installing them? What files need
    > to be put into the moz plugin folder for the different programs?
    >
    > Is there a reference for this which lists the programs and the necessary
    > file for moz plugin folder?
    >
    > GA

    I've just re-re-installed plugins :)

    but using Windows search Containing text...

    -------
    Search Moz's profiles folder. I see that only *some* of my moz profiles have
    swf
    in
    mimeTypes.rdf
    file

    I opened one with text editor. This snippet includes end of previous RDF:Description and full RDF:Description for swf type:

    </RDF:Description>
    <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:application/x-shockwave-flash"
    NC:value="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    NC:editable="true"
    NC:fileExtensions="swf"
    NC:description="">
    <NC:handlerProp RDF:resource="urn:mimetype:handler:application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    </RDF:Description>

    -------
    Also, Search Moz's profiles folder. A few
    XUL.mfl
    contain the word
    flash
    I opened them with text editor. They aren't really text files
    'flash' is part of the word 'flashes', so I think XUL.mfl is not swf related.

    ============
    Search moz's prog folder
    these files contain the word
    flash
    npswf32.dll.prefbar
    prefbar.jar

    -------
    Search moz's prog folder
    these files contain the word
    flash

    chromelist.txt
    comm.jar
    en-US.dic
    en-US.jar
    flashplayer.xpt
    GETFLASH.EXE
    npswf32.dll.prefbar
    prefbar.jar
    xpti.dat

    --
    WinMe, Moz 1.7.5, all profiles: GoogleBar, PrefBar, CopyURL, IEView, ,,, and??? some bugmenot.jar, sage.jar. Usually java off,
    js on. Might GoogleBar be "mergeable" with an (added) src chooser in PrefBar (v. 3.0, build date 20041224)?
    Splibbilla, Jan 16, 2005