Plugins? Where?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Nigel Stapley, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?

    In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:

    GetFlash.exe
    NPJava11.dll
    NPJava12.dll
    NPJava13.dll
    NPJava14.dll
    NPJava32.dll
    NPJPI150_05.dll
    npnul32.dll
    NPOJI610.dll
    nppl3260.dll
    nprjplug.dll
    nprpjplug.dll
    NPSWF32.dll

    But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:

    GetFlash.exe
    nprjplug.dll
    nppl3260.dll
    npqtplugin2.dll
    npqtplugin3.dll
    npqtplugin4.dll
    QuickTimePlugin.class
    npnul32.dll
    npqtplugin.dll

    There are also copies of:

    npqtplugin.dll
    npqtplugin2.dll
    npqtplugin3.dll
    npqtplugin4.dll
    npqtplugin5.dll

    in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
    Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in about:plugins
    in Moz.

    So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?

    TIA

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Nigel Stapley wrote:
    > Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
    >
    > In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
    >
    > GetFlash.exe
    > NPJava11.dll
    > NPJava12.dll
    > NPJava13.dll
    > NPJava14.dll
    > NPJava32.dll
    > NPJPI150_05.dll
    > npnul32.dll
    > NPOJI610.dll
    > nppl3260.dll
    > nprjplug.dll
    > nprpjplug.dll
    > NPSWF32.dll
    >
    > But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
    >
    > GetFlash.exe
    > nprjplug.dll
    > nppl3260.dll
    > npqtplugin2.dll
    > npqtplugin3.dll
    > npqtplugin4.dll
    > QuickTimePlugin.class
    > npnul32.dll
    > npqtplugin.dll
    >
    > There are also copies of:
    >
    > npqtplugin.dll
    > npqtplugin2.dll
    > npqtplugin3.dll
    > npqtplugin4.dll
    > npqtplugin5.dll
    >
    > in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
    > Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in about:plugins
    > in Moz.
    >
    > So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
    >
    > TIA

    This is a little odd. The first location is for your Program files. It
    is here that Plugins are supposed to reside.

    The second is for your profile. There is not supposed to be a plugins
    folder in there. I checked profiles in bot 98SE and XP, and there is not
    a plugins folder in any of my profiles.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Nigel Stapley

    gwtc Guest

    Nigel Stapley wrote:

    > Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
    >
    > In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
    >
    > GetFlash.exe
    > NPJava11.dll
    > NPJava12.dll
    > NPJava13.dll
    > NPJava14.dll
    > NPJava32.dll
    > NPJPI150_05.dll
    > npnul32.dll
    > NPOJI610.dll
    > nppl3260.dll
    > nprjplug.dll
    > nprpjplug.dll
    > NPSWF32.dll
    >
    > But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
    >
    > GetFlash.exe
    > nprjplug.dll
    > nppl3260.dll
    > npqtplugin2.dll
    > npqtplugin3.dll
    > npqtplugin4.dll
    > QuickTimePlugin.class
    > npnul32.dll
    > npqtplugin.dll
    >
    > There are also copies of:
    >
    > npqtplugin.dll
    > npqtplugin2.dll
    > npqtplugin3.dll
    > npqtplugin4.dll
    > npqtplugin5.dll
    >
    > in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
    > Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in about:plugins
    > in Moz.
    >
    > So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
    >
    > TIA

    Mozilla the Suite plugins are kept in: C:\Program
    Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins

    I have no idea what this is: C:\Windows\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Plugins or where its coming from. Close Moz, and rename
    this directory. Restart Moz and in the address bar type in
    about:plugins and see what happens. Does quicktime show up?

    This has nothing to do with Mozilla, and everything to do with
    Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS

    C:\Program Files\Quick Time\Plugins: the files here can be copied to
    the Mozilla plugins directory.

    gwtc, Dec 4, 2005
  4. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >
    >> Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
    >>
    >> In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
    >>
    >> GetFlash.exe
    >> NPJava11.dll
    >> NPJava12.dll
    >> NPJava13.dll
    >> NPJava14.dll
    >> NPJava32.dll
    >> NPJPI150_05.dll
    >> npnul32.dll
    >> NPOJI610.dll
    >> nppl3260.dll
    >> nprjplug.dll
    >> nprpjplug.dll
    >> NPSWF32.dll
    >>
    >> But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
    >>
    >> GetFlash.exe
    >> nprjplug.dll
    >> nppl3260.dll
    >> npqtplugin2.dll
    >> npqtplugin3.dll
    >> npqtplugin4.dll
    >> QuickTimePlugin.class
    >> npnul32.dll
    >> npqtplugin.dll
    >>
    >> There are also copies of:
    >>
    >> npqtplugin.dll
    >> npqtplugin2.dll
    >> npqtplugin3.dll
    >> npqtplugin4.dll
    >> npqtplugin5.dll
    >>
    >> in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
    >> Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in about:plugins
    >> in Moz.
    >>
    >> So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > This is a little odd. The first location is for your Program files. It
    > is here that Plugins are supposed to reside.

    That's what I thought.

    > The second is for your profile. There is not supposed to be a plugins
    > folder in there.

    I thought that as well. I've no idea how it got there.

    > I checked profiles in bot 98SE and XP, and there is not
    > a plugins folder in any of my profiles.

    The folder isn't within the profiles folder. It sits within the root of
    the 'Mozilla' folder at that location. There are also a couple of plugin
    files (extra copies of nprpjplug.dll & NPSWF32.dll) in the root as well.

    In any case, I've renamed the folder and those stray dlls now (at gwtc's
    suggestion) and it seems to run OK without them.

    The question remains, however, as to how the hell they got there in the
    first place.

    Thanks.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 4, 2005
  5. gwtc wrote:
    > Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >
    >> Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
    >>
    >> In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
    >>
    >> GetFlash.exe
    >> NPJava11.dll
    >> NPJava12.dll
    >> NPJava13.dll
    >> NPJava14.dll
    >> NPJava32.dll
    >> NPJPI150_05.dll
    >> npnul32.dll
    >> NPOJI610.dll
    >> nppl3260.dll
    >> nprjplug.dll
    >> nprpjplug.dll
    >> NPSWF32.dll
    >>
    >> But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
    >>
    >> GetFlash.exe
    >> nprjplug.dll
    >> nppl3260.dll
    >> npqtplugin2.dll
    >> npqtplugin3.dll
    >> npqtplugin4.dll
    >> QuickTimePlugin.class
    >> npnul32.dll
    >> npqtplugin.dll
    >>
    >> There are also copies of:
    >>
    >> npqtplugin.dll
    >> npqtplugin2.dll
    >> npqtplugin3.dll
    >> npqtplugin4.dll
    >> npqtplugin5.dll
    >>
    >> in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
    >> Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in about:plugins
    >> in Moz.
    >>
    >> So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > Mozilla the Suite plugins are kept in: C:\Program
    > Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins
    >
    > I have no idea what this is: C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins
    > or where its coming from.

    That makes two of us then... :)

    > Close Moz, and rename this directory.

    Done, plus renaming a couple of plugin dlls which were in the root of
    the 'Mozilla' directory there aas well.

    > Restart Moz and in the address bar type in about:plugins and see what
    > happens. Does quicktime show up?

    Yep, no problem.

    > This has nothing to do with Mozilla, and everything to do with Internet
    > Explorer: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Quick Time\Plugins: the files here can be copied to the
    > Mozilla plugins directory.

    The question now is: if the QuickTime plugin #5 is only in the QT and IE
    folders, how does it get into the list of plugins in Moz?

    Thanks for your advice.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 4, 2005
  6. Nigel Stapley

    gwtc Guest

    Nigel Stapley wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >>

    >>>Where should plugins for Moz Suite be located on Win98SE?
    >>>
    >>>In C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins , I have:
    >>>
    >>>GetFlash.exe
    >>>NPJava11.dll
    >>>NPJava12.dll
    >>>NPJava13.dll
    >>>NPJava14.dll
    >>>NPJava32.dll
    >>>NPJPI150_05.dll
    >>>npnul32.dll
    >>>NPOJI610.dll
    >>>nppl3260.dll
    >>>nprjplug.dll
    >>>nprpjplug.dll
    >>>NPSWF32.dll
    >>>
    >>>But also, in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins , I have:
    >>>
    >>>GetFlash.exe
    >>>nprjplug.dll
    >>>nppl3260.dll
    >>>npqtplugin2.dll
    >>>npqtplugin3.dll
    >>>npqtplugin4.dll
    >>>QuickTimePlugin.class
    >>>npnul32.dll
    >>>npqtplugin.dll
    >>>
    >>>There are also copies of:
    >>>
    >>>npqtplugin.dll
    >>>npqtplugin2.dll
    >>>npqtplugin3.dll
    >>>npqtplugin4.dll
    >>>npqtplugin5.dll
    >>>
    >>>in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS *and* in C:\Program
    >>>Files\Quick Time\Plugins, and npqtplugin5.dll appears in about:plugins
    >>>in Moz.
    >>>
    >>>So, where should all these plugins be from the Moz point of view?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    >>Mozilla the Suite plugins are kept in: C:\Program
    >>Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins
    >>
    >>I have no idea what this is: C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins
    >>or where its coming from.

    > That makes two of us then... :)
    >

    >>Close Moz, and rename this directory.

    > Done, plus renaming a couple of plugin dlls which were in the root of
    > the 'Mozilla' directory there aas well.
    >

    >>Restart Moz and in the address bar type in about:plugins and see what
    >>happens. Does quicktime show up?

    > Yep, no problem.
    >

    >>This has nothing to do with Mozilla, and everything to do with Internet
    >>Explorer: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS
    >>
    >>C:\Program Files\Quick Time\Plugins: the files here can be copied to the
    >>Mozilla plugins directory.

    > The question now is: if the QuickTime plugin #5 is only in the QT and IE
    > folders, how does it get into the list of plugins in Moz?
    >
    > Thanks for your advice.

    When you installed QT, it places these files into all plugin folders
    within your hard-drive.

    Or, if you installed Moz, then Moz searches your hard-drive for these
    plugins and places them into the Moz plugin folder.

    gwtc, Dec 4, 2005