    whatever. Just handle it. Firewall and AV working fine. I don't remember
    the last site we had to open IE on.

    But that's just us. YMMV
    Doug Chadduck, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Doug Chadduck wrote:

    > Where do I find which plugins I have installed? I know it's there but it
    > seems to be right in the middle of my blinds spot.
    >
    > Observation for "When is FF gonna get with the times" OP. I don't
    > remember installing any plugins and between me and my kids we're all
    > over into everything on this computer. When I first installed TBird and
    > Firefox I set everything I could find regarding plugins and updates etc
    > to full auto. I don't even want to know when there are updates or
    > whatever. Just handle it. Firewall and AV working fine. I don't remember
    > the last site we had to open IE on.
    >
    > But that's just us. YMMV

    Type about:plugins into your location bar.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Doug Chadduck

    Guest

    Doug Chadduck wrote:
    > Where do I find which plugins I have installed? I know it's there but it
    > seems to be right in the middle of my blinds spot.
    >
    > Observation for "When is FF gonna get with the times" OP. I don't
    > remember installing any plugins and between me and my kids we're all
    > over into everything on this computer. When I first installed TBird and
    > Firefox I set everything I could find regarding plugins and updates etc
    > to full auto. I don't even want to know when there are updates or
    > whatever. Just handle it. Firewall and AV working fine. I don't remember
    > the last site we had to open IE on.
    >
    > But that's just us. YMMV

    You've installed many plugins which you didn't realize. When you
    installed QuickTime, QT provided the plugin files for FF. If you have
    Windows Media Player, then that program provided the plugin file for
    FF. If you installed Acrobat Reader, then that program provided the
    plugin files to FF. If you installed RealPlayer, then that program
    provided the plugins to FF. And this goes for any other program you
    installed. That program provides the plugin. Firefox doesn't provide
    any type of plugin.
    , Dec 5, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >> Where do I find which plugins I have installed? I know it's there but it
    >> seems to be right in the middle of my blinds spot.
    >>
    >> Observation for "When is FF gonna get with the times" OP. I don't
    >> remember installing any plugins and between me and my kids we're all
    >> over into everything on this computer. When I first installed TBird and
    >> Firefox I set everything I could find regarding plugins and updates etc
    >> to full auto. I don't even want to know when there are updates or
    >> whatever. Just handle it. Firewall and AV working fine. I don't remember
    >> the last site we had to open IE on.
    >>
    >> But that's just us. YMMV

    > You've installed many plugins which you didn't realize. When you
    > installed QuickTime, QT provided the plugin files for FF. If you have
    > Windows Media Player, then that program provided the plugin file for
    > FF. If you installed Acrobat Reader, then that program provided the
    > plugin files to FF. If you installed RealPlayer, then that program
    > provided the plugins to FF. And this goes for any other program you
    > installed. That program provides the plugin. Firefox doesn't provide
    > any type of plugin.

    Absolutely understood. Some people freak out at the thought of letting
    their installed software do its' own updating etc. It took me awhile to
    get used to it but I got to the point where I'm quite careful about
    which websites get visited and which SW I install and I just let it go
    after that. Have never run into a problem yet. Knock wood maybe, but so
    far so good here.
    Doug Chadduck, Dec 5, 2006
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >
    >> Where do I find which plugins I have installed? I know it's there but
    >> it seems to be right in the middle of my blinds spot.
    >>
    >> Observation for "When is FF gonna get with the times" OP. I don't
    >> remember installing any plugins and between me and my kids we're all
    >> over into everything on this computer. When I first installed TBird
    >> and Firefox I set everything I could find regarding plugins and
    >> updates etc to full auto. I don't even want to know when there are
    >> updates or whatever. Just handle it. Firewall and AV working fine. I
    >> don't remember the last site we had to open IE on.
    >>
    >> But that's just us. YMMV

    > Type about:plugins into your location bar.
    >
    > Lee

    Ah, the old "about" routine. I should have guessed. vbg
    Thanks Lee
    Doug Chadduck, Dec 5, 2006
  6. Doug Chadduck wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >>
    >>> Where do I find which plugins I have installed? I know it's there but
    >>> it seems to be right in the middle of my blinds spot.
    >>>
    >>> Observation for "When is FF gonna get with the times" OP. I don't
    >>> remember installing any plugins and between me and my kids we're all
    >>> over into everything on this computer. When I first installed TBird
    >>> and Firefox I set everything I could find regarding plugins and
    >>> updates etc to full auto. I don't even want to know when there are
    >>> updates or whatever. Just handle it. Firewall and AV working fine. I
    >>> don't remember the last site we had to open IE on.
    >>>
    >>> But that's just us. YMMV

    >> Type about:plugins into your location bar.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Ah, the old "about" routine. I should have guessed. vbg
    > Thanks Lee

    The Mozilla Suite, and its successor, SeaMonkey have a direct Help link
    to it. Its one of the many things that FF took out. I appreciate a
    clean ui as much as the next guy, but this was a mistake.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 6, 2006
  7. On 2006-12-05, <> wrote:

    > Firefox doesn't provide any type of plugin.

    Almost true. Firefox does provide the "null" plugin, which tries to ehlp
    find the appropriate plugin for unknown file types.

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 9, 2006