Plug-ins?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by graeme@invalid, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. John wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:20:28 -0500, John <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi:
    >>I just installed v 1.0.
    >>Seems great, except one small problem has shown (so far).
    >>On the site http://www.canoe.com there is a blank rectangle, with the words
    >>"Click here to download plugin". When I click there, a panel pops up entitled
    >>"Welcome to the plugin finder service"
    >>It tells me "Firefox is now checking for available plugins..." , but it does not
    >>seem to find any after several (well over five) minutes. So I hit "cancel".
    >>I tried to go to http://update.mozilla.org/extensions but could not connect (too
    >>busy?)
    >>I don't remember that this "problem" existed in version 1.0PR
    >>Any suggestions?
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>
    >>John <><

    > The page finally showed which plugin I needed - it was downloaded and installed.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John <><

    I had the same problem the Plugin Finder Service said that I needed
    Macromedia Flash Player 7 and it would install it. I waited and waited
    but there was no indication of activity on my modem leds, so I hit
    cancel did a quick Google, downloaded the program in a few seconds and
    the installation program automatically installed it as a Firefox plug
    in. It's possible that their sever is just flat out on the first couple
    of days or it may be a bug. I suppose time will tell.

    John, Nov 9, 2004

  3. graeme@invalid

    John Guest

    John, Nov 9, 2004