Plug-ins adding character to a line drawing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jeff Gorman, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Jeff Gorman

    Jeff Gorman Guest

    I have tried TurboCad, and found it too difficult for my purposes. Drawing
    for publication, I've settled for using Photoshop Elements
    and more latterly, Paint Shop Pro V8 for 'inking in' pencil drawings made on
    the drawing board and scanned into the computer.

    This I find less tricky than getting Rapidograph pens to work neatly on
    ordinary drawing paper, smudges are easy to remove, lines are cleaner and
    changes fairly easy
    to make. Changing line widths is very convenient.

    However, the lines can lack some of the slightly irregular quality one can
    get with careful freehand drawing.

    Many years ago I recall seeing a computer application that imported a
    computer drawing and introduced irregularities that
    gave a line a pleasant slightly uneven character.

    Does anyone know of such an application existing today?

    And yes, I have tried the 'effects' and standard plug-ins for Photoshop
    Elements and PSP, and found they do not meet this need.
    --
    Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
    Email address is username@ISP

    Jeff Gorman, Feb 28, 2004