    I just visited a website that uses QuickTime for music background. I
    was advised to install QuickTime. However, I already have QuickTime 6.5.2
    installed. Why would it be necessary to do this again??
    History Fan, Jun 20, 2005

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    BTW, the background music on this website works fine with Internet
    Explorer.

    History Fan, Jun 20, 2005

  3. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    History Fan wrote:

    > BTW, the background music on this website works fine with Internet
    > Explorer.
    >
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hello. My PC is running XP Home SP2. I'm using Firefox 1.04.
    >>
    >> I just visited a website that uses QuickTime for music background. I
    >>was advised to install QuickTime. However, I already have QuickTime 6.5.2
    >>installed. Why would it be necessary to do this again??

    A URL would be helpful.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jun 20, 2005
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    History Fan, Jun 20, 2005
  5. History Fan uitte de volgende tekst op 20/06/2005 21:54:
    >>A URL would be helpful.
    >>

    > http://russell-johnson.com/

    Seems to work fine here.

    about:plugins sais:
    QuickTime Plug-in 6.5.1

    Bestandsnaam: npqtplugin2.dll
    The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of
    multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the
    QuickTime Web site.

    MIME Type Beschrijving Achtervoegsels Actief
    audio/wav WAVE-audiobestand wav,bwf Ja
    audio/aiff AIFF-audiobestand aiff,aif,aifc,cdda Ja
    audio/x-aiff AIFF-audiobestand aiff,aif,aifc,cdda Ja
    audio/basic uLaw/AU-audiobestand au,snd,ulw Ja
    audio/mid MIDI-bestand mid,midi,smf,kar Ja
    audio/x-midi MIDI-bestand mid,midi,smf,kar Ja

    What does it say for you?

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare
    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 20, 2005
  6. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    History Fan wrote:

    >>A URL would be helpful.
    >>

    > http://russell-johnson.com/

    Look in Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder for npqtplugin.dll.
    If it isn't there you should re-install or upgrade Quicktime so that
    it installs the plugin for Firefox. If it is there you should open
    Quicktime and click Edit - Preferences - Quicktime Preferences. Click
    Browser Plugin in the drop-down menu. Click MIME settings. Expand
    Audio - Audio-only formats and select Wave. You may have to restart
    Firefox. Then try the web site again.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    If toast always lands butter-side-down, and a cats always land on their
    feet, what would happen if you strapped a piece of toast on the back of
    a cat & dropped it?
    Ed Mullen, Jun 20, 2005
  7. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > If it is there you should open Quicktime and click Edit - Preferences -
    > Quicktime Preferences. Click Browser Plugin in the drop-down menu. Click
    > MIME settings. Expand Audio - Audio-only formats and select Wave. You
    > may have to restart Firefox. Then try the web site again.

    The detailed instructions listed above solved the problem. Thanks.
    History Fan, Jun 20, 2005
  8. History Fan

    RalphOcean Guest

    On my computer the file npqtplugin.dll exists but I launched the
    specified dialog and I did not found any "drop-down menu".

    thx in advance.

    RalphOcean

    RalphOcean, Jun 21, 2005
  9. History Fan

    Doug G Guest

    RalphOcean wrote:
    > On my computer the file npqtplugin.dll exists but I launched the
    > specified dialog and I did not found any "drop-down menu".
    >
    > thx in advance.
    >
    > RalphOcean
    >

    > History Fan napisa³(a)/wrote:
    >>>If it is there you should open Quicktime and click Edit - Preferences -
    >>>Quicktime Preferences. Click Browser Plugin in the drop-down menu. Click
    >>>MIME settings. Expand Audio - Audio-only formats and select Wave. You
    >>>may have to restart Firefox. Then try the web site again.

    >> The detailed instructions listed above solved the problem. Thanks.

    Open Quicktime in Windows' Control Panel.
    Doug G, Jun 21, 2005