    Do you think that area with chip has been digitally altered and chip in real
    could be bigger?
    thanks for you time

    jazu, Sep 26, 2006

  2. jazu

    Guest

    jazu wrote:

    > Please have a moment and look at this pic
    > http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo473110.htm
    > There is guitar with chip on the bottom.
    > Do you think that area with chip has been digitally altered and chip in real
    > could be bigger?
    > thanks for you time

    I'm no expert, but after zooming in on the chipped spot,
    it looks to me as if some alteration was done. The abrupt
    changes in tone appear to be more than what would be
    caused by jpeg compression. But don't take my word for
    it. Wait for the experts to speak.

    , Sep 26, 2006

  3. jazu

    Mark² Guest

    jazu wrote:
    > Please have a moment and look at this pic
    > http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo473110.htm
    > There is guitar with chip on the bottom.
    > Do you think that area with chip has been digitally altered and chip
    > in real could be bigger?
    > thanks for you time

    Is it for sale??

    If the guy is honest enough to take a picture of its flaws, then he's not
    likely to try and fake the ding.
    Why don't you request a close-up image of the dent.
    If he won't oblige...cancel the deal.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Sep 26, 2006
  4. jazu

    Dimitris M Guest

    Noone can tell for sure. But it looks ok to me. The curvature of the chip
    fits the shape of the quitar and the shine above the chip that definitely it
    is not altered, indicates that everything is OK in this area.

    I owned a Fender Stratocaster in the past, if this matters (to make me juge
    a little better)
    --
    Dimitris M

    Dimitris M, Sep 26, 2006