Plextor PX-712 DVD burner

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Scott Dunaway, Dec 4, 2004.

  1. Does anyone know if this burner is any good? Do you think it will work
    okay with my system?

    Win XP Pro SP2
    1400 megahertz AMD Athlon XP
    512 MB DDR sdram
    80 GB Hard Drive.

    This will be my first dvd burner and I'd appreciate feedback from the
    people here, since I've been coming here for several years now to ask
    and occasionally give advice, I've come to respect several peoples
    opinions quite a bit

    I'm thinking of removing my old burner to replace with the new
    Plextor PX-712 DVD burner. Are there any down sides to them? DVD
    burners as a whole and this one in particular I mean? 4 - 8gig of
    storage on 1 disc..... That alone is making me giddy. Does Plextor
    make good reliable drives? I made the order already but I may be able
    to cancel in time, if I really need to.... Thanks for any help you can
    provide!

    -------------
    Scott D.

    Scott Dunaway, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Scott Dunaway

    Thor Guest

    "Scott Dunaway" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if this burner is any good? Do you think it will work
    > okay with my system?
    >
    > Win XP Pro SP2
    > 1400 megahertz AMD Athlon XP
    > 512 MB DDR sdram
    > 80 GB Hard Drive.
    >

    > This will be my first dvd burner and I'd appreciate feedback from the
    > people here, since I've been coming here for several years now to ask
    > and occasionally give advice, I've come to respect several peoples
    > opinions quite a bit
    >
    > I'm thinking of removing my old burner to replace with the new
    > Plextor PX-712 DVD burner. Are there any down sides to them? DVD
    > burners as a whole and this one in particular I mean? 4 - 8gig of
    > storage on 1 disc..... That alone is making me giddy. Does Plextor
    > make good reliable drives? I made the order already but I may be able
    > to cancel in time, if I really need to.... Thanks for any help you can
    > provide!

    Plextor has traditionally been one of the best optical drive manufacturers
    out there. When CD drives first appeared, they were like the Rolls Royce of
    CD drive makers. Always the best, and always the most expensive.

    Thor, Dec 4, 2004