    recorded voice?

    Thanks.

    John B

    John B, Jun 9, 2004

  2. John B

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <<>>
    (John B) did ramble:

    >I know that Pleiades uses Voice Activity Detection for answer
    >supervision, but what happens if the PSTN gives messages (circuit
    >availability, etc) without preceeding it with any kind of tone?
    >
    >Wouldn't the channel bank detect those messages as voice, and thus
    >provide "false" answer supervision?
    >
    >Is there a workaround for this kind of situation? Or, any other
    >channel bank which can distinguish between a normal voice and a
    >recorded voice?

    If you're using a digital service (ISDN or up) then it will work just
    fine, the C-channel will contain the status of the line.

    --
    I guess we'll be going down together, I mean getting off together, I mean
    ... That's Ok, I'll just press the button for the stimulator. Elevator!

    DevilsPGD, Jun 9, 2004

  3. John B

    John B Guest

    The Pleiades P32mxi channel bank would be connected to analog PSTN lines.

    Any ideas, suggestions?

    John B

    John B, Jun 10, 2004
  4. John B

    forrestk9

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    A Real Answer Supervision possible now

    Please let me know if you like to know how this is done.

    Regards
    Vivian

    forrestk9, Jul 5, 2008