    M. Murcek Guest

    I'm thinking about getting a Compaq Presario V2000Z w / Turion 64 ML-37 (2.0GHz), 2GB RAM, 60GB HDD to run Win2K3 Server 64 bit.

    What would the newsgroup posters do?

    M. Murcek, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Without knowing how this configuration serves your needs better than some
    others, most posters here will skip to other posings.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Not knowing what your intended use is, I can't speculate. However, for the
    same price, I'd definitely go with the HP L2000 instead. It's the exat same
    machine with a better keyboard AND a built in donation to the LiveStrong
    Foundation started by Lance Armstrong. Easy choice for me.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2005
  4. I am guessing mobile server? Will you be using this as a domain controller
    M. Murcek?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 26, 2005
  5. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Mainly, as a server to join to existing domains, so as not to disturb existing ADs. The more I think, the more I believe I'll wait until the hardware virtualization arrives, and take the plunge then...

    M. Murcek, Jul 27, 2005
  6. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    I looked at the L2000. Isn't it limited to 1GB RAM total?

    M. Murcek, Jul 27, 2005
  7. "M. Murcek" <> wrote in:

    > What would the newsgroup posters do?

    Well, since newsgroups are primarily text only, first we'd turn off HTML so
    as to eliminate all the following:

    > Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
    > ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C59232.E590CF60
    > <HTML><HEAD>
    > <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    > <META content="MSHTML 6.00.3790.2440" name=GENERATOR>
    > <STYLE></STYLE>
    > </HEAD>
    > <BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
    > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mainly, as a server to join to existing
    > domains, so as not to disturb existing ADs.&nbsp; The more I think, the
    > more I believe I'll wait until the hardware virtualization arrives, and
    > take the plunge then...</FONT></DIV>
    > <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
    > style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
    > BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    > <DIV>"M. Murcek" &lt;<A
    > href="mailto:"></
    > A>&gt; wrote in message <A
    > href="news:">news:us9saqikFHA.4004
    > @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I'm
    > thinking about getting a Compaq Presario V2000Z w / Turion 64 ML-37
    > (2.0GHz), 2GB RAM, 60GB HDD to run Win2K3 Server 64 bit.</FONT></DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>What would the newsgroup posters
    > do?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=Arial
    > size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
    >
    > ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C59232.E590CF60--

    Thank you!

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 27, 2005
  8. No. According to what I see, you can order it with 2x1 Gb modules.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 27, 2005
  9. <g>

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 27, 2005
  10. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Sorry, dave, I meant posters who have something to say about x64 Edition.
    If ya want to yukk it up with the other linux script kiddies, ya gotta head
    over to slashdot...

    M. Murcek, Jul 27, 2005
  11. "M. Murcek" <> wrote in:

    > Sorry, dave, I meant posters who have something to say about x64
    > Edition. If ya want to yukk it up with the other linux script kiddies,
    > ya gotta head over to slashdot...

    I thought maybe you'd get better answers to your questions if you learned to
    post properly. Now about your top posting.....

    Also, lose the attitude if you expect to get any answers here.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 27, 2005
  12. That means, it would be child then. I have been read about this in Windows
    Server 2003 Administrators Companion - that book is very big - currently
    using it for bodybuilding.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 27, 2005
  13. M. Murcek

    Sean M Guest

    > That means, it would be child then. I have been read about this in Windows
    > Server 2003 Administrators Companion - that book is very big - currently
    > using it for bodybuilding.

    *LOL*

    -- Sean M, who could probably use a good workout -- anyone got a set of
    Encyclopedia Brittanica they aren't using anymore? ;)

    > --
    > Andre
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    [... snip ...]

    Sean M, Jul 27, 2005
  14. Makes a good weight for doing curls, one in each hand. :)

    The new 2nd Edition version will be just as big, I'm afraid, if we ever get
    it out. But lots of other changes -- drop some coverage (move it to CD), add
    new. All the R2 changes, along with SP1 changes. But not until at least the
    ship of R2.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 27, 2005
  15. I can't wait to get the R2 version, now thats gonna weigh a tonne. Bring it
    on!

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 28, 2005
  16. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Safe bet dave couldn't lift it...

    M. Murcek, Jul 28, 2005