    You can find the download here:

    http://www.dietandexercisetracker.com/Download.html

    Thank you.

    Rene, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Hi Rene,

    First your app pulls dot net from installengine.com or something like that
    as opposed to your own site or Microsoft. the site it pulls from is blocked
    by our proxy servers. I downloaded the full package and it errors during the
    dotnet1.1sp1 install. So I downloaded the dotnet 1.1 and sp1 packages and
    installed them. Now that I am past that, I have installed your app...
    Everything appears to be fine. Without spending a lot of time I can't tell
    you much. If you can provide a detdb.detdb file that already has some test
    data in it I could bring up some reports and charts to give that a look...
    but at a glance it looks like it works fine...

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Dec 6, 2005

  3. if you want to email me the file you can send it to
    richard(Shift-2)benfield(UnShift->)ws just substitute (key-combo) with the
    correct characters and yes, it ends in ws not com... I entered a little bit
    of data... everything seems fine so far... not a bad little program... I
    would be curious to know how big or small of an outfit you are? if you have
    any other software... just curious really... anyway, like I said, so far,
    looks good...

    Regards,
    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Dec 6, 2005
  4. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Thanks Richard:

    > First your app pulls dot net from installengine.com or something like that
    > as opposed to your own site or Microsoft. the site it pulls from is
    > blocked
    > by our proxy servers.

    We use Install Shield to package our files and distribute them. The install
    shied application has a predefined website where the .Net is downloaded form
    and I simply left it like that. I guess I could change the path to download
    the package from our site but I don't really want to use the bandwidth for
    this.

    I am counting that 99% of the people using our software are home user so
    this should not be a problem.

    > I downloaded the full package and it errors during the
    > dotnet1.1sp1 install.

    Dang it, I tried it here and have no problems on a regular Windows XP box.
    The package is supposed to be the same as the one downloaded from Microsoft.
    I wonder what a heck is going on.

    > Everything appears to be fine. Without spending a lot of time I can't tell
    > you much. If you can provide a detdb.detdb file that already has some test
    > data in it I could bring up some reports and charts to give that a look...
    > but at a glance it looks like it works fine...

    If you were able to create an account and retrieve add or read any data from
    the database it means that the Jet database engine is working fine and that
    was my main concern. Thanks for your help, by the time Win 64 comes out we
    will be using the .Net 2 framework so I hope we won't have the problems you
    were having.

    Thanks again.

    Rene, Dec 6, 2005
  5. Rene

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:56:06 -0800, "Richard"
    <> wrote:

    >if you want to email me the file you can send it to
    >richard(Shift-2)benfield(UnShift->)ws just substitute (key-combo) with the
    >correct characters and yes, it ends in ws not com...

    Let's hope he has a US-keyboard, and not an Italian :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 6, 2005
  6. Rene

    Rene Guest

    > I would be curious to know how big or small of an outfit you are? if you
    > have
    > any other software... just curious really... anyway, like I said, so far,
    > looks good...

    Most of the code (Architecture) is done by me but I got what I like to call
    a "Work Horse" that does a lot of the tedious work (Repetitive code, UML
    charts, help file, etc, etc). In total we are a two people company but we
    are outsourcing some other hardware and software design because we can't
    keep up with all this and I don't want more employees (trust me, being boos
    is a REAL headache).

    The size and magnitude of this software does not justify having more that 2
    people that are very knowledgeable about the program. Perhaps if we create a
    Linux or Apple version we may need more people but I hope not. We also have
    other clients that we design and develop software for to survive since it
    takes time for the software to take off and paying for the software and
    hardware needed is not cheap.

    Thanks for the help.

    Rene, Dec 6, 2005
  7. Rene

    Rene Guest

    B the way, was the program installed on a somewhat of a "virgin" Win 64
    installation? Or did you install a lot of other programs before you tested
    ours?

    Thanks.

    Rene, Dec 6, 2005
  8. It was a fresh install... nothing had been installed on it aside from
    drivers, then the dot net stuff and then the app... nothing else... I don't
    have a well used x64 build to try it on, perhaps someone else does?

    Regards,
    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Dec 7, 2005
  9. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Actually fresh install is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for all
    your help Richard.

    Rene, Dec 7, 2005
  10. i dont know much abought programing but maby in the installer you could put a
    option to not dl the .net if a user already has it why take up the bandwith
    or a system check for the runtime componts needed and only install if nessary

    =?Utf-8?B?aGFwcHk=?=, Dec 17, 2005
  11. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Actually it already does that, the .Net is only downloaded if needed when
    you use the setup file that does not include the .Net.

    Thanks.

    Rene, Dec 19, 2005