    Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
    please?"

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Oct 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I was under the impression that it's been decided that this is a "general"
    64-bit issues newsgroup, not tied specifically to Windows XP x64.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Oct 11, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Zapper Guest

    I don't see the words XP anywhere in the name of this newsgroup. This is the
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.GENERAL, thus Vista/Longhorn is as viable as
    XP/2003 in here...sorry...

    Zapper, Oct 11, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    There are a bunch of Vista newsgroups. Unfortunately, this is the only
    64 bit Windows newsgroup, so Vista stuff ends up here also.

    jabloomf1230, Oct 11, 2006
  5. You are correct.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 11, 2006
  6. Correct.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 11, 2006
  7. Not only does it serve Vista x64 users but keep in mind that it has been
    serving Server 2003 x64 and Itanium IA64 users for over a year. This never
    has been an XP Pro x64 newsgroup.

    This discussion with MS took place three months ago and we received a policy
    statement to the effect that the this newsgroup is platform aganostic.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 11, 2006