    --
    Regards
    John Jovic

    JohnJ, Dec 8, 2004

  2. JohnJ

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:07:41 +1100, in rec.photo.digital "JohnJ"
    <> wrote:

    >Pease recommend portable USB hard drive to store CF card data whilst on
    >location, eg battery life, speed, reliability. TIA.

    For years I've been using a 1st gen 20 GB Nixvue Digital Album with good
    results, though battery life is now an issue with larger image sizes. I
    just received an Archos Gmini 220 today. This is a 20 GB minidisk based mp3
    player with CF card reader built into an ~ 4"x3"x1" form factor, not
    counting cables and charger. Much smaller than the DA. Battery like is
    quoted as "up to 10 hours depending on start/stops and writes", I'm
    guessing used as an mp3 player you might get that.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Dec 8, 2004

  3. JohnJ wrote:
    > Pease recommend portable USB hard drive to store CF card data whilst

    on
    > location, eg battery life, speed, reliability. TIA.

    I bought a Vosonic Pro 300. It takes a 2.5inch/9.5mm HDD of any
    capacity. The shell costs $80 and add another $80 for a 40GB HDD. It
    can read SD/CF/Memory Stick/MMC/xD and also plays MP3s.

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Dec 9, 2004
  4. JohnJ

    Guest

    Archived from "JohnJ" <> on Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:07:41
    +1100:

    >Pease recommend portable USB hard drive to store CF card data whilst on
    >location, eg battery life, speed, reliability. TIA.

    Nikon Coolwalker
    http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/Coolwalker.shtml

    vm

    , Dec 9, 2004
  5. JohnJ

    Arthur Small Guest

    If all you want is a HD then the Image Tank works well. If you want to burn
    CD's or DVD's then look at Addonics. If you want a device that will allow
    you to see the images then the Transcend Digital Album with a 2" screen may
    be for you.

    Arthur Small, Dec 9, 2004