    photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
    I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

    -=] RiverMan [=-

    RiverMan, Jan 2, 2009

  2. RiverMan

    RiverMan Guest

    On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <> wrote:
    > I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
    > photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
    > I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...
    >
    > -=] RiverMan [=-

    Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:

    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839

    Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
    change... or what I could do to take better pic's... :)

    -=] RiverMan [=-

    RiverMan, Jan 2, 2009

  3. RiverMan

    Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital RiverMan
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <> wrote:
    >> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
    >> photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
    >> I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...
    >>
    >> -=] RiverMan [=-

    >Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
    >
    >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839
    >
    >Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
    >change... or what I could do to take better pic's... :)

    The above link still doesn't take one to any photos.

    , Jan 2, 2009
  4. RiverMan

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <> wrote:
    >> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
    >> photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
    >> I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...
    >>
    >> -=] RiverMan [=-

    >Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
    >
    >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839
    >
    >Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
    >change... or what I could do to take better pic's... :)

    This is a link to MySpace. It requires registration or logging in.
    No way am I going to a MySpace page.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 2, 2009
  5. RiverMan

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, John Navas
    <> wrote:

    > >I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
    > >photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
    > >I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

    > You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
    > and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

    plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.

    nospam, Jan 2, 2009
  6. RiverMan

    RiverMan Guest

    RiverMan, Jan 2, 2009
  7. RiverMan

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, John Navas
    <> wrote:

    > >> You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
    > >> and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

    > >plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.

    > Way less than here.

    i don't know what forums you read over there but the signal/noise ratio
    there is much worse than here (other than the p&s troll). there are
    plenty of idiotic flames, generally fueled by rabid fanbois and quite a
    bit of shilling as well.

    nospam, Jan 2, 2009
  8. RiverMan

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:31:26 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
    <> wrote:

    >Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
    >picture taking... any suggestions? or try:
    >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839

    MySpace is not a photo host. People aren't going to register for that
    to view your photographs. Google for an image host or photo host.
    There are dozens of free ones out there.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 2, 2009
  9. RiverMan

    J. Clarke Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <> wrote:
    >>> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills
    >>> as
    >>> a photographer... I really love photography but have no formal
    >>> training. I am really interested in what everyone thinks about
    >>> them...
    >>>
    >>> -=] RiverMan [=-

    >> Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
    >>
    >> http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839
    >>
    >> Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
    >> change... or what I could do to take better pic's... :)
    >>

    > This is a link to MySpace. It requires registration or logging in.
    > No way am I going to a MySpace page.

    Best bet for constructive criticism is probably
    http://www.photosig.com/.
    They've designed the site specifically around the idea of constructive
    criticism and they seem to be putting some effort into moderation.

    For a beginner looking at it for the first time though there's likely
    to be a bit of "Look upon these works and despair".

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    J. Clarke, Jan 2, 2009
  10. RiverMan

    SneakyP Guest

    tony cooper <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:55:18 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Jan 1, 8:51 pm, RiverMan <> wrote:
    >>> I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as
    >>> a photographer... I really love photography but have no formal
    >>> training. I am really interested in what everyone thinks about
    >>> them...
    >>>
    >>> -=] RiverMan [=-

    >>Opps.. forgot to add the link to the pics:
    >>
    >>http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbums&My
    >>Token=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839
    >>
    >>Please tell me where I need work or what I am doing that I should
    >>change... or what I could do to take better pic's... :)
    >>

    > This is a link to MySpace. It requires registration or logging in.
    > No way am I going to a MySpace page.

    It goes to one's own pictures page.

    Cheap trolljob, apparently.

    --
    SneakyP
    To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

    Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
    down :0)

    SneakyP, Jan 3, 2009
  11. RiverMan

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:31:26 -0800 (PST), RiverMan wrote:

    > Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
    > picture taking... any suggestions? or try:
    > http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839

    This still requires a login. The previous link to your recent
    SX10 photos worked without requiring a login. Below is the above
    link and one of the SX10 links :

    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...&MyToken=3ff2f3c5-6085-4c72-805d-1d059526d839
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind....viewPicture&friendID=43996487&albumId=455347

    You'll have to provide a link that uses the "friendID" instead of
    "MyToken", because that probably only works on your computer, and
    I'm guessing that it's based on using one of the "cookies" that your
    web browser has saved for you.

    ASAAR, Jan 3, 2009
  12. RiverMan

    RiverMan Guest

    On Jan 2, 9:11 pm, ASAAR <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:31:26 -0800 (PST), RiverMan wrote:
    > > Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
    > > picture taking... any suggestions? or try:
    > >http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbums&....

    >   This still requires a login.  The previous link to your recent
    > SX10 photos worked without requiring a login.  Below is the above
    > link and one of the SX10 links :
    >
    > http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture...
    >
    >   You'll have to provide a link that uses the "friendID" instead of
    > "MyToken", because that probably only works on your computer, and
    > I'm guessing that it's based on using one of the "cookies" that your
    > web browser has saved for you.

    Cool... thanks for the tip. I'll look for a photo host. I used to use
    the Kodak photo album but didn't like it very much.

    -=] River [=-

    RiverMan, Jan 3, 2009