Please point me in the right wireless direction

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by shark@clover.net, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to set up a wireless network and can't seem to do the right
    thing.

    Here is what I have.
    I have a laptop. ANd a desktop. They are where I work.
    My laptop I take with me everywhere but I digress....

    I have a Belkin router
    the desktop has a wireless pci card.
    the router is plugged into my laptop.

    When I plug the router into my laptop how do I set up both computers so
    that they can file share. Everything I see is all about internet
    sharing. there is no internet to share at this time.

    I am more interested in just getting the two pc's to talk to each
    other....

    where should I go for guidance? I have run the network setup wizard a
    100 times but with no luck

    thanks

    Mark
    , Apr 6, 2006

  2. Hi

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.

    In case that your home Network and Work Network are configured differently.

    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#fewtcp-ip

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 6, 2006