    Can someone please point me to any articles or sites that explain how to do
    this, or any hints.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZV9wYWxt?=, Apr 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZV9wYWxt?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    What "Network" is?

    Peer to Peer, Windows 2003 server, AD, RADUIS, ISA?

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Right now it is a simple Windows XP peer to peer
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZV9wYWxt?=, Apr 28, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZV9wYWxt?=

    Lem Guest

    lone_palm wrote:

    > Have a wireless network and use it no problem. However, when we give guests
    > our security key, they have access to our entire network, when we only want
    > to give them access to the Internet.
    >
    > Can someone please point me to any articles or sites that explain how to do
    > this, or any hints.
    >
    > Thanks

    Are these guests who have their own computers, like guests in a hotel, or do you
    provide guests with computers? If the latter, there are probably any number of
    ways to restrict "guest" PCs using group policy editor. If the former, and
    assuming you don't want to buy and install a real "hot spot" management
    application, try a Google search for "client isolation" or "AP isolation." See
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Broadband/ISPs/Q_21472296.html
    Lem, Apr 28, 2006

  5. > It is guests bringing in their own laptop. I'll check that out link. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZV9wYWxt?=, Apr 28, 2006
  6. "lone_palm" <> wrote in message

    >> It is guests bringing in their own laptop. I'll check that out link.
    >> Thanks.

    Just a klunker of a way to do it until someone else figures out something
    better:

    Have a firewall installed on each machine such as Zone Alarm or your own
    choice which allows you to enter into a "trusted" zone, the manually
    assigned (by you) IP addresses of the computers you continue to want to
    network to each other. Eg, if you have 3 computers and you assign them as
    10.1.1.50, 10.1.1.51 and 10.1.1.52 (which isn't a bad idea as this gets you
    out of the way of auto assigned IP numbers) then allow THEM in to the fold
    and nothing else. So, if a guest computer then wants to attempt to use
    internet through your router after being assigned an IP address, no problems
    but if they attempt to get in to your network, the firewall disallows it.

    I cannot quickly think of another option that will work that is better but
    that would be one that would work for now.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 28, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZV9wYWxt?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    On peer to peer you can build a segerated Wireless.
    You can "dig" the principle from here, http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 29, 2006