    I remember that ol' Microsoft quote, "What do you want to do today".
    Well, please Microsoft i want YOU to do something today.
    , Jun 9, 2006

  2. Cerebrus Guest

    wrote:

    > I remember that ol' Microsoft quote, "What do you want to do today".
    > Well, please Microsoft i want YOU to do something today.

    I thought the slogan was "Were do you want to go today?" See this
    <http://www.denounce.com/mswhere.html> for an interesting angle on this
    ~!

    Other funny variations on this :

    · Where did you want to have gone today?

    · What do you want gone today?

    · Where do you want to go tomorrow?

    · What kind of error message do you want today?
    Cerebrus, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Guest Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > It's out of control. Everyone's an MCSD or MCAD here. Even those with
    > no clue how to use Visual Studio. Some only know how create that Hello
    > World windows app the saw on some beginner's guide and now they're
    > certified. And I'm serious. It's like a joke. Only requirements for
    > getting an MCAD nowadays is ability to memorize. It's sad, it's
    > sickening, it's plain stupid.
    >
    > Now they're like sprinters waiting for the go signal, waiting for the
    > next dump website to release answers for the MCPD upgrade exams. Then
    > what? Just take for granted those who really deserve their
    > certification?
    >
    > I remember that ol' Microsoft quote, "What do you want to do today".
    > Well, please Microsoft i want YOU to do something today.

    Calm down...chill out....Believe me, M$ is hard on the trail of those
    @$$monkeys, I talk with M$ employees almost everyday.

    Here is what you can do. But please...I cannot stress enough...DO NOT do this
    without proof. If you do, you'll be wasting your time and time that M$ could be
    putting toward better resources. So again, please don't just randomly e-mail
    them if you don't have any evidence to back it up.

    Now, if you can prove that someone is using, or has studied with Illegal
    Br@!ndumps, then you can report them to M$. But.....you have to know the
    definition of a br@!ndump before you can make that determination.

    A Br@!ndump is any ex@m preparation that uses actual ex@m questions. There are
    many ex@m preparation sites out there that are (or appear to be) legitimate.
    Just because they are not a Certified PTP by M$, doesn't make them a br@!ndump.
    If they claim to use a©tual ex@m questions, that automatically qualifies them as
    a br@!ndump.

    Now, if you've followed all that, then you can email . Since
    they get so many e-mails from around the world, don't expect them to write back,
    just keep sending in tips as you discover them.

    If you can, try to get a hardcopy of the user's admittance (paper, email, etc.)
    and to go even further, try to get their MCP ID from them some how. That would
    just bury their di©k in the dirt so deep they'd be peeing up to hit the toilets
    in China.

    HTH

    HAND

    RGS

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Guest Guest

    <> left his email address in this header

    Oh, and remove the e-mail addy from your info. Makes ya look like a n00b.

    ;)

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 9, 2006
  5. kiko Guest

    Well I guess I am a n00b with regards to posting in newsgroups. I
    thought Google groups would handle that part. It's not a primary email
    address though.

    --
    Yeah, I know I need concrete evidence first. Problem is these fakers
    have printouts they lend to each other, most of them have been

    Wish they were other things people could do.

    Getting MCP Ids is.. quite funnny. Most of these guys, and I mean those
    who cheated all throughout the exams they took, display their Mcp ID on
    their email signatures.

    kiko, Jun 9, 2006
  6. Guest

    David wrote:
    > I agree that the exams can be done without any real knowledge of .net.
    > There needs to be a final project for the MCAD that puts all of the
    > pieces together and stresses the knowledge of the programmer. You
    > would be able to access the online help and have one or two ref. books
    > but no outside help.
    >
    > However, I can not see how to administer this in a timely and fair
    > fashion.

    When Java first came out I was working with it and started to do the
    certification. From what I remember there was a programmer exam which
    was multiple choice and then the developer exam was in two parts.
    First you did a timed programming assignment, I think you had 24 hours
    to do it, then you had an exam that was based on the assignment. This
    was used to prove that you had done the programming assignment
    yourself.

    I am not sure if they still do this but it would be great if MS did it.
    They could use virtual server and have people sign in, develop a
    particular solution, web, win or enterprise and then tailor questions
    in an exam around what the development project was about.

    It would be more administration but I would pay more for the exams if
    it meant all these idiots were then unable to devalue the whole
    process.

    Neil
    , Jun 23, 2006
  7. Simon Hart Guest

    It is true there are many idiots with paper certs, but these people would
    never get past the technical interview. It is not difficult to tests
    someones knowledge and experience of .NET rather quickly by simply
    questioning them.

    I have been to interviews before where they sit me down and get me to answer
    questions and write code based on a particular technology. Although many
    companies do this, I don't think it is very effective. Simple reason being
    that .NET is so vast, you can't know everything about it.
    So the best way is to question them on what they have done, or claim to have
    done.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 27, 2006