    appears but it takes a while too. my startup is empty....what can i do?
    --
    quichita

    =?Utf-8?B?cXVpY2hpdGE=?=, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Buy a faster computer?

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Apr 14, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cXVpY2hpdGE=?=

    Todd Guest

    It could be a lot of things, but the fact that you are having problems with
    the BIOS boot before it even starts to load your operating system, makes me
    wonder if you are having problems with your hard drive. Do you have any
    thing like SpinRite or the Western Digital Diagnostic program that you can
    use to check your hard drive?

    Todd

    Todd, Apr 14, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cXVpY2hpdGE=?=

    Villain Guest

    Also, check the clock in BIOS and make sure it's correct. I have
    heard of this happening when the battery on the mainboard is
    discharged. If your PC is 3 or 4 years old, this could be a viable
    cause.

    Villain, Apr 19, 2006