    fix.i have tried to boot with start up disk but when i get to A prompt
    i don't know what to type
    thanks hughie
    hugh, Sep 30, 2004

  2. hugh

    HF Guest

    What you do to format is to type this after the A: prompt "Format C" and
    then press Enter.type fdisk and press enter.. DONT forget the colon after
    the C and dont put in the commas. I suggest you read www.probz.com as well
    as looking at the readme in the boot disk. If scan disk cannot fix your
    drive it may be for all sorts of reasons so dont despair. Once you have put
    on a clean instal all may be well. You can also use Fdisk to delete your
    partitions and to recreate them. Same thing - When asked if you want large
    drive support just say yes and go from there. If in doubt look at
    www.computerhope.com
    "hugh" <> wrote in message
    > when i try i get message witch says format not allowed on this drive.
    > and if i try and boot it goes to scan disk but wont go past 7% then i
    > get error message saying there is something wrong that scan disk cant
    > fix.i have tried to boot with start up disk but when i get to A prompt
    > i don't know what to type
    > thanks hughie

    ---
    HF, Sep 30, 2004

  3. hugh

    Wizard Guest

    My advice is at the A:> prompt type fdisk [enter]
    then delete all partitions.
    create new partition and set active
    then reboot to a:> and type Format c:/U
    if the formatting fails the drive is probably toast.

    --
    "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
    statue."
    Wizard, Sep 30, 2004
    :

    --
    I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
    Martin O'Brien, Sep 30, 2004

    --
    You baffling, steroidal, soggy cyst.
    Rubrobacteridae Urogenitalis Cyclosorum, Sep 30, 2004