    I'm running XP professional and I have adobe acrobate 7 but all the
    sudden the installer wants to install it again. It keeps trying to
    install but fails. How can I stop it from trying to install?
    flamestar, Oct 14, 2007

  2. flamestar

    flamestar Guest

    On Oct 14, 1:12 pm, flamestar <> wrote:
    > I'm running XP professional and I have adobe acrobate 7 but all the
    > sudden the installer wants to install it again. It keeps trying to
    > install but fails. How can I stop it from trying to install?

    Adobe Acrobat 7 kept being installed even though I had a fully
    functional program so the installation kept failing but it tried again
    and again. So after weeks I uninstalled the windows installation
    program. Things got worse. Because windows kept trying to install and
    when it failed it tried again tying up the computer.

    So I went into task manager and looked at processes and it turned out
    agent.exe was tying up the computer and its activity mirrored the
    attempts at installation. I googled agent.exe and saw it was something
    identified as a Trojan or virus. There are good program that use the
    name agent.exe so just having agent.exe running doesn't mean you have
    a problem.

    Ad ware said they could get rid of agent.exe if I paid for their
    software. I paid and downloaded the program but nothing changed. I
    want to Norton expecting to use their paid chat. I couldn't use it
    because I uninstalled installed (no pun intended) So I downloaded and
    reinstalled install. Right away adobe and windvd started to be
    installed. I rebooted after I rebooted the first thing windows did was
    try to install windvd. I went into task manager and closed the
    install program and then I went into process and closed agent.exe.
    After that the problem stopped.
    flamestar, Oct 24, 2007