    to. Now I believe I have sharing set. Please help. I can ping each
    computer from the other one. Not sure if it helps but I also have the SSID
    and encription set on the wireless network.
    =?Utf-8?B?OTggdG8geHAgTmV0d29yayBwcmludGVyIHByb2Js, Jan 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?OTggdG8geHAgTmV0d29yayBwcmludGVyIHByb2Js

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    If you can use the Internet with the Wireless computer, it means that your
    Wireless connection is OK, and it has nothing to do with the problem at
    hand.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "98 to xp Network printer problem" <98 to xp Network printer
    > I have one computer running XP SP2 connected (WIRED) to a Dlink DI-524
    > wireless router. I also have an older computer running Windows 98 SE with

    > D-link wireless network card. Both computers have the internet running

    fine
    > but I would like to share the printer (connected to the XP computer) with

    the
    > wireless computer running windows 98 SE. Have gone through "setup home
    > network or small business" on both computers, named the domain. I can go
    > into Network Neighborhood and click on view entire network... I can see

    the

    Jack, Jan 26, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?OTggdG8geHAgTmV0d29yayBwcmludGVyIHByb2Js

    Tony Guest

    >I have one computer running XP SP2 connected (WIRED) to a Dlink DI-524
    > wireless router. I also have an older computer running Windows 98 SE with
    > D-link wireless network card. Both computers have the internet running
    > fine
    > but I would like to share the printer (connected to the XP computer) with
    > the
    > wireless computer running windows 98 SE. Have gone through "setup home
    > network or small business" on both computers, named the domain. I can go
    > into Network Neighborhood and click on view entire network... I can see
    > the
    > domain, doulble click on it I can see the other computer but can't connect
    > to. Now I believe I have sharing set. Please help. I can ping each
    > computer from the other one. Not sure if it helps but I also have the
    > SSID
    > and encription set on the wireless network.

    Are you sure you named the Domain? To use a domain you would need a server.
    Tony, Jan 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?OTggdG8geHAgTmV0d29yayBwcmludGVyIHByb2Js

    Steve Guest

    If your networkwork is running fine you should have no
    problems. In addition to turning on sharing files &
    printers in XP you will need to go to the desired printer
    in the XP printers folder and manually enable sharing for
    that printer. (Right click properties).

    Because the other PC is win98 you will need to supply it
    with a W9x driver for that printer. either via the install
    CD or downloading it from the net.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    Windows 98 SE with a