    button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
    the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.

    HELP

    emma, Nov 7, 2003

  2. emma

    Jtyc Guest

    > Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
    > PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
    > button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
    > the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.

    Filthy little liar.

    You're not foolin anyone.

    Jtyc, Nov 7, 2003

  3. emma

    MCSE World Guest

    This is just too good to be true...

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Nov 7, 2003
  4. emma

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Filthy little liar.

    Yeah, she posted over in mp.win2000.networking as "julie" with the same
    question...and got roughly the same response.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 7, 2003
  5. you can call Edison to cut off the power to the building. If you have UPS
    you can walk few steps and unplug the power cord to the PC.

    I can't answer the second question.

    NEW NAME, OLD GUY, Nov 7, 2003
  6. emma

    Dragon Guest

    Contrary to popular belief, shutting down a system by unplugging the power
    cord is the best method. So, simply unplug it to shutdown.

    As far a floppy of concerned, it is possible that your drive needs some more
    lube. you don't need to go out and but some special oil, simply take a table
    spoon of vegetable oil (or melted butter) and lube the disk. Then insert it
    into the drive. At times you may have to push the drive in a little harder
    for the disk to be accepted. You could also use a cutting tool to re-shape
    the disk into a round. Or,, as a final option, remove the harder shell of
    the floppy disk and you will see the round disk inside, just use that. Clean
    it with a fine grit sandpaper first.

    Dragon, Nov 7, 2003
  7. emma

    Guest Guest

    You are too funny...:)

    Guest, Nov 7, 2003
  8. now I remember. Last time I used WD-40. It worked.

    NEW NAME, OLD GUY, Nov 7, 2003
  9. emma

    JaR Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > > Filthy little liar.

    > Yeah, she posted over in mp.win2000.networking as "julie" with the same
    > question...and got roughly the same response.

    Move along now, nothing to see here.

    JaR
    MCNGP#.......................................42

    JaR, Nov 7, 2003
  10. emma

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Contrary to popular belief, shutting down a system by unplugging the power
    >cord is the best method. So, simply unplug it to shutdown.

    Complete and utter crap. Everyone understands that in order to
    correctly shutdown a system, you need to throw it out of tenth floor
    window.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 7, 2003
  11. emma

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Yeah, she posted over in mp.win2000.networking as "julie" with the same
    >question...and got roughly the same response.

    Did anyone post a 'correct' answer?

    Kline Sphere, Nov 7, 2003
  12. emma

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Did anyone post a 'correct' answer?

    I believe the correct answer *is* "you've got to be kidding me," isn't it?
    ;) But the closest answer to correct she got was something along the lines
    of "go to your library and check out some computer basics books".
    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 7, 2003
  13. emma

    S. O'Brien Guest

    "emma" <> wrote in message
    > Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
    > PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
    > button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
    > the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.

    Well there is your problem!!! You are putting the floppy in the Coffee Cup
    Holder!!!!!!! sheeeesh... floppies go into the slot in the back... open
    computer... use screwdriver and remove little silver plate that is long and
    narrow... close computer and insert floppy disk

    cheers
    Sue

    S. O'Brien, Nov 7, 2003
  14. emma

    YOUNGMAN Guest

    I thought the best way to shut the computer down was to take the cover
    off and grab that big silver metal thing with a fan on top and pull it
    out. If any of those board thingys are in the way then feel free to
    bend them over - they'll spring back quite easily later. And whilst
    we're discussing this it's probably just as well to give the insides a
    good wash, cause it gets very dusty in there!!

    And as for the floppy disk - if it won't fit in the disk tray . . . .
    rip the tray out and bung it in the big hole that's left.

    Hope this helps!!!:D

    YOUNGMAN
    Sign up for free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US

    YOUNGMAN, Nov 7, 2003
  15. emma

    KasKoo Guest

    there is no tray for a floppy disk, there is a tray for a
    cd rom

    KasKoo, Nov 9, 2003
  16. emma

    WHOcares Guest

    Are you trying to put a floppy disk into a cd-rom tray?

    WHOcares, Nov 9, 2003
  17. emma

    JaR Guest

    "KasKoo" <> wrote in message
    > there is no tray for a floppy disk, there is a tray for a
    > cd rom

    Ya think?

    JaR, Nov 9, 2003
  18. emma

    JaR Guest

    "WHOcares" <> wrote in message
    > Are you trying to put a floppy disk into a cd-rom tray?

    Another one?

    JaR, Nov 9, 2003
  19. emma

    no one Guest

    DON"T FEED THE FRICKING SHARKS!!! This is about as unreal
    as the idiot that wants us to send him his MCSE papers!!!

    no one, Nov 10, 2003
  20. emma

    no one Guest

    Excellent response!