Please help...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    Hi

    I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not mine),
    near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    before I will be able to contemplate work.
    I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't afford a
    printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I am
    begging.
    If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank account
    please donate below.
    Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you in advance
    Luckless Guy




    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This email was generated using the Payment Request Wizard (for Microsoft
    Outlook Express Beta 1.0). Visit www.paypal.com to download a free copy from
    PayPal.
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Luckless guy

    philo Guest

    Luckless guy wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    > I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not mine),
    > near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    > operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    > before I will be able to contemplate work.
    > I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't afford a
    > printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I am
    > begging.
    > If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank account
    > please donate below.
    > Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Luckless Guy
    >
    >



    Although no one will send you any money...
    the beginning of your novel (above) is not half-bad.
    You do not need a printer or paper at this time.

    Anyway...maybe you will make some money when the novel is sold...
    like I said...it's not half-bad...
    Of course it's not half-good either <G>

    BWAAAHAAAHAAHAA
     
    philo, Jan 17, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Luckless guy wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    >> I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not
    >> mine),
    >> near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    >> operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    >> before I will be able to contemplate work.
    >> I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't
    >> afford a
    >> printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I am
    >> begging.
    >> If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank
    >> account
    >> please donate below.
    >> Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance
    >> Luckless Guy
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > Although no one will send you any money...
    > the beginning of your novel (above) is not half-bad.
    > You do not need a printer or paper at this time.
    >
    > Anyway...maybe you will make some money when the novel is sold...
    > like I said...it's not half-bad...
    > Of course it's not half-good either <G>
    >
    > BWAAAHAAAHAAHAA


    It must be great to be you. I'm touched that you can find the time to laugh
    at the unfortunate position I am in. I want you to know that I hold no
    hatred for you and I assume your arrogance has been due to your upbringing.
    Thanks.
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006
    #3
  4. Luckless guy

    Martik Guest

    "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    news:dqjq9i$qml$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    > I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not mine),
    > near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    > operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    > before I will be able to contemplate work.
    > I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't afford
    > a
    > printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I am
    > begging.
    > If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank
    > account
    > please donate below.
    > Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Luckless Guy
    >


    Is there unemployment insurance and/or social assistance available in the
    UK?
     
    Martik, Jan 17, 2006
    #4
  5. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "Martik" <> wrote in message
    news:mqezf.127422$OU5.44578@clgrps13...
    >
    > "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    > news:dqjq9i$qml$...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    >> I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not
    >> mine),
    >> near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    >> operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    >> before I will be able to contemplate work.
    >> I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't
    >> afford a
    >> printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I am
    >> begging.
    >> If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank
    >> account
    >> please donate below.
    >> Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance
    >> Luckless Guy
    >>

    >
    > Is there unemployment insurance and/or social assistance available in the
    > UK?
    >

    Yes I get £57.65 a week in benefit, and £33 in housing benefit goes to my
    rent. My rent is £55 a week, my tax is £20 a month and my household bills
    are £80 a month, Leaving me with £10.65 a week for food. I used to have a
    really good job but that involved going onto building sites a lot. Had to
    give that up after being off for a while and my insurance wouldn't pay up
    because the condition (apparently) existed when I took out the policy.
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006
    #5
  6. Luckless guy

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    >
    >
    > It must be great to be you. I'm touched that you can find the time to laugh
    > at the unfortunate position I am in. I want you to know that I hold no
    > hatred for you and I assume your arrogance has been due to your upbringing.
    > Thanks.
    >
    >


    well your plea might be real then...
    i assumed it was a scam.
    if you are for real...then i'm sorry if i laughed.
    if you are not scamming...i don't suggest usenet for help however.

    you need to pay your debts in order of how much interest you are being
    charged...
    IE: 21% charge card debt should have first priority

    also...most creditors will leave you alone if you make monthly
    payments...even extremely small ones
     
    philo, Jan 17, 2006
    #6
  7. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > <snip>
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> It must be great to be you. I'm touched that you can find the time to
    >> laugh at the unfortunate position I am in. I want you to know that I hold
    >> no hatred for you and I assume your arrogance has been due to your
    >> upbringing. Thanks.

    >
    > well your plea might be real then...
    > i assumed it was a scam.
    > if you are for real...then i'm sorry if i laughed.
    > if you are not scamming...i don't suggest usenet for help however.
    >
    > you need to pay your debts in order of how much interest you are being
    > charged...
    > IE: 21% charge card debt should have first priority
    >
    > also...most creditors will leave you alone if you make monthly
    > payments...even extremely small ones


    Luckily I went bankrupt last year after I had to finish up my job due to ill
    health. So I suppose that was good (?)
    I dunno, I still manage to laugh at a lot of it but I'm now desparate so I
    thought what the hell and thought I'd post a few messages here and there....
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006
    #7
  8. Luckless guy

    philo Guest

    <snip>
    >
    > Luckily I went bankrupt last year after I had to finish up my job due to ill
    > health. So I suppose that was good (?)
    > I dunno, I still manage to laugh at a lot of it but I'm now desparate so I
    > thought what the hell and thought I'd post a few messages here and there....
    >
    >


    well again...usenet is probably not the way to go...
    i think most people will assume it's a scam

    i guess it can't hurt to try though
     
    philo, Jan 17, 2006
    #8
  9. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Luckily I went bankrupt last year after I had to finish up my job due to
    >> ill health. So I suppose that was good (?)
    >> I dunno, I still manage to laugh at a lot of it but I'm now desparate so
    >> I thought what the hell and thought I'd post a few messages here and
    >> there....

    >
    > well again...usenet is probably not the way to go...
    > i think most people will assume it's a scam
    >
    > i guess it can't hurt to try though


    Thats what I figured. I'm housebound at the moment anyway so I don't have a
    lot to do. Wish I knew how to post the same message to loads of newsgroups
    at once. Ah well, the old ctrl+v it'll have to be...
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006
    #9
  10. Luckless guy

    Martik Guest

    "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    news:dqjs9a$s7i$...
    >
    > "Martik" <> wrote in message
    > news:mqezf.127422$OU5.44578@clgrps13...
    >>
    >> "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    >> news:dqjq9i$qml$...
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    >>> I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not
    >>> mine),
    >>> near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    >>> operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    >>> before I will be able to contemplate work.
    >>> I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't
    >>> afford a
    >>> printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I am
    >>> begging.
    >>> If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank
    >>> account
    >>> please donate below.
    >>> Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance
    >>> Luckless Guy
    >>>

    >>
    >> Is there unemployment insurance and/or social assistance available in the
    >> UK?
    >>

    > Yes I get £57.65 a week in benefit, and £33 in housing benefit goes to my
    > rent. My rent is £55 a week, my tax is £20 a month and my household bills
    > are £80 a month, Leaving me with £10.65 a week for food. I used to have a
    > really good job but that involved going onto building sites a lot. Had to
    > give that up after being off for a while and my insurance wouldn't pay up
    > because the condition (apparently) existed when I took out the policy.
    >


    That seems about right, roughly the same $ in Canada but why do you have to
    pay any (income) tax at all?
    Is that payment UI or Welfare? Sounds like you should be eligible for
    disability insurance.

    Are there food banks available?

    What do you pay for your ISP?

    Can you access retirement savings?
     
    Martik, Jan 17, 2006
    #10
  11. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "Martik" <> wrote in message
    news:D7fzf.127426$OU5.52855@clgrps13...
    >
    > "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    > news:dqjs9a$s7i$...
    >>
    >> "Martik" <> wrote in message
    >> news:mqezf.127422$OU5.44578@clgrps13...
    >>>
    >>> "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:dqjq9i$qml$...
    >>>> Hi
    >>>>
    >>>> I'll keep this brief because no-one wants to hear a sob story.
    >>>> I have just had the worst year of my life which included death (not
    >>>> mine),
    >>>> near death (mine), Joblessness (mine), homelessness (mine) and a major
    >>>> operation which saved my life but hs meant it will be a very long time
    >>>> before I will be able to contemplate work.
    >>>> I am trying to write a novel but have an old clunky computer, can't
    >>>> afford a
    >>>> printer, paper and am struggling to pay the most basic bills and so I
    >>>> am
    >>>> begging.
    >>>> If anyone has even a spare penny or cent in a paypal account or bank
    >>>> account
    >>>> please donate below.
    >>>> Any amount, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thank you in advance
    >>>> Luckless Guy
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Is there unemployment insurance and/or social assistance available in
    >>> the UK?
    >>>

    >> Yes I get £57.65 a week in benefit, and £33 in housing benefit goes to my
    >> rent. My rent is £55 a week, my tax is £20 a month and my household bills
    >> are £80 a month, Leaving me with £10.65 a week for food. I used to have a
    >> really good job but that involved going onto building sites a lot. Had to
    >> give that up after being off for a while and my insurance wouldn't pay up
    >> because the condition (apparently) existed when I took out the policy.
    >>

    >
    > That seems about right, roughly the same $ in Canada but why do you have
    > to pay any (income) tax at all?


    Local council tax for street lighting, schools, etc...

    > Is that payment UI or Welfare? Sounds like you should be eligible for
    > disability insurance.

    Nah because I should be able to work within the next 5 years.

    >
    > Are there food banks available?

    Not round here. Got a few old people nearby who occasionally bring a pie
    round.

    >
    > What do you pay for your ISP?

    I use someone elses.
    >
    > Can you access retirement savings?

    Ah savings. I knew I should have thought about them at some point in life.
    Woopsy.
    >
    >
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 17, 2006
    #11
  12. Luckless guy

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:15:45 -0000, "Luckless guy" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >Thats what I figured. I'm housebound at the moment anyway so I don't have a
    >lot to do. Wish I knew how to post the same message to loads of newsgroups
    >at once. Ah well, the old ctrl+v it'll have to be...


    You're housebound, but you're using someone else's account?

    If you do what you describe above, I can just about guarantee that whatever
    account you're using will disappear.

    There are resources online. I suggest you spend your time looking for them. For
    example, here's one:

    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/Helpfordisabledpeople/

    Results 1 - 10 of about 13,400,000 for Help for the disabled in the UK. (0.33
    seconds)

    "Google is your friend."

    --
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Mara, Jan 18, 2006
    #12
  13. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:15:45 -0000, "Luckless guy"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>Thats what I figured. I'm housebound at the moment anyway so I don't have
    >>a
    >>lot to do. Wish I knew how to post the same message to loads of newsgroups
    >>at once. Ah well, the old ctrl+v it'll have to be...

    >
    > You're housebound, but you're using someone else's account?

    My upstairs neighbour has kindly hooked me up thru a LAN cable to use his
    broadband. The cable goes out of the window and in thru mine.
    >
    > If you do what you describe above, I can just about guarantee that
    > whatever
    > account you're using will disappear.

    Not sure what you mean?
    >
    > There are resources online. I suggest you spend your time looking for
    > them. For
    > example, here's one:
    >
    > http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/Helpfordisabledpeople/
    >

    I'm not classed as disabled. In a few months I will be able to leave the
    house and start getting around a bit but my recovery time is quite long
    because I've had a major operation. Problem is because I will be able to
    return to work at some point in the future I cannot be classed as disabled
    and am only eligible for incap benefit, housing benefit and C tax benefit.

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 13,400,000 for Help for the disabled in the UK.
    > (0.33
    > seconds)
    >
    > "Google is your friend."
    >
    > --
    > If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    > don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    > -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 18, 2006
    #13
  14. Luckless guy

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:23:24 -0000, "Luckless guy" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >> If you do what you describe above, I can just about guarantee that
    >> whatever
    >> account you're using will disappear.

    >Not sure what you mean?


    Virtually all the begging posts I've ever seen have been scams. I'm not saying
    that's what you're doing, but I can guarantee that there will be *many* others
    that will think so too - and if you start posting this all over usenet, there's
    every chance that someone, many someones in fact, will complain to your
    provider, at which point the account is shut off. If indeed your neighbor is
    sharing his connection with you (which in most cases is a violation of their
    host's AUP/TOS in itself,) *his* account will be terminated - because of
    something *you* did.

    Hardly fair, is it?

    >>
    >> There are resources online. I suggest you spend your time looking for
    >> them. For
    >> example, here's one:
    >>
    >> http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/Helpfordisabledpeople/
    >>

    >I'm not classed as disabled. In a few months I will be able to leave the
    >house and start getting around a bit but my recovery time is quite long
    >because I've had a major operation. Problem is because I will be able to
    >return to work at some point in the future I cannot be classed as disabled
    >and am only eligible for incap benefit, housing benefit and C tax benefit.


    There are other ways of earning a living besides begging. You have a computer.
    That opens all kinds of possibilities for you - I have friends who make a good
    living transcribing medical records at home, for instance. You say you're a
    writer. If you are, then use those talents to find a writing job, perhaps online
    or telecommuting, instead of begging. If you really want to work and make some
    money, you will *find* a way. You're *not* going to find that posting begging
    posts to usenet.

    As I said, google is your friend. Use it, instead of wasting your time on
    usenet. Where there's a will, there's always a way. Neither begging nor spamming
    is it.

    --
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Mara, Jan 18, 2006
    #14
  15. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:23:24 -0000, "Luckless guy"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>> If you do what you describe above, I can just about guarantee that
    >>> whatever
    >>> account you're using will disappear.

    >>Not sure what you mean?

    >
    > Virtually all the begging posts I've ever seen have been scams. I'm not
    > saying
    > that's what you're doing, but I can guarantee that there will be *many*
    > others
    > that will think so too - and if you start posting this all over usenet,
    > there's
    > every chance that someone, many someones in fact, will complain to your
    > provider, at which point the account is shut off. If indeed your neighbor
    > is
    > sharing his connection with you (which in most cases is a violation of
    > their
    > host's AUP/TOS in itself,) *his* account will be terminated - because of
    > something *you* did.
    >
    > Hardly fair, is it?
    >

    I've only posted to about a dozen newsgroups. Ones I used to post in from
    time to time myself. It's not all over.
    >>>
    >>> There are resources online. I suggest you spend your time looking for
    >>> them. For
    >>> example, here's one:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/Helpfordisabledpeople/
    >>>

    >>I'm not classed as disabled. In a few months I will be able to leave the
    >>house and start getting around a bit but my recovery time is quite long
    >>because I've had a major operation. Problem is because I will be able to
    >>return to work at some point in the future I cannot be classed as disabled
    >>and am only eligible for incap benefit, housing benefit and C tax benefit.

    >
    > There are other ways of earning a living besides begging. You have a
    > computer.
    > That opens all kinds of possibilities for you - I have friends who make a
    > good
    > living transcribing medical records at home, for instance. You say you're
    > a
    > writer. If you are, then use those talents to find a writing job, perhaps
    > online
    > or telecommuting, instead of begging. If you really want to work and make
    > some
    > money, you will *find* a way. You're *not* going to find that posting
    > begging
    > posts to usenet.
    >

    If you can point me in the direction of work I can do at home, I'd be more
    than grateful for I have searched and found that most work from home schemes
    tend to be scams of some sort. I can find no legitimate working from home
    business which involves writing. It's not like I haven't tried. The
    situation I am in now is after 6 months of being either at hospital or stuck
    at home constantly trying to find a way to fend for myself but believe me
    it's tough.

    > As I said, google is your friend. Use it, instead of wasting your time on
    > usenet. Where there's a will, there's always a way. Neither begging nor
    > spamming
    > is it.
    >
    > --
    > If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    > don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    > -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 18, 2006
    #15
  16. Luckless guy

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:27:12 -0000, "Luckless guy" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >If you can point me in the direction of work I can do at home, I'd be more
    >than grateful for I have searched and found that most work from home schemes
    >tend to be scams of some sort.


    Some are. That's why you have to do your homework. You seem to be adopting the
    attitude that it's up to everyone else to support you. To do the things for you
    that you should be doing yourself.

    It isn't.

    What you've been saying also doesn't seem to match what I read here, either:

    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/disability_liv_allowance.asp#caniget

    or with various other places on that site.

    Hmmm.

    >I can find no legitimate working from home
    >business which involves writing. It's not like I haven't tried. The
    >situation I am in now is after 6 months of being either at hospital or stuck
    >at home constantly trying to find a way to fend for myself but believe me
    >it's tough.


    Then it's time to look for something that doesn't involve writing as such. We
    can't always have what we wish in life, after all.

    You don't need to tell me how bad it can get - I've been there. In spades. I've
    had eleven surgeries in a half-century, and will find out this week if I have to
    have more. Possibly, whether I'll survive. I live with how tough it is every
    single day, and will for the rest of my life.

    But I've never begged for money on usenet. And I never will.

    "As I said, where there's a will, there's a way."

    --
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Mara, Jan 18, 2006
    #16
  17. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:27:12 -0000, "Luckless guy"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>If you can point me in the direction of work I can do at home, I'd be more
    >>than grateful for I have searched and found that most work from home
    >>schemes
    >>tend to be scams of some sort.

    >
    > Some are. That's why you have to do your homework. You seem to be adopting
    > the
    > attitude that it's up to everyone else to support you. To do the things
    > for you
    > that you should be doing yourself.
    >
    > It isn't.
    >

    Approximately a hundred or so emails and applications have been sent by
    myself to various places, to no avail. I don't know what other 'homework' I
    can do. I merely asked you if you could point me in a direction as you
    stated you had friends who worked from home. I was wondering how they got
    started doing that. I would *love* to be able to work for myself and not
    resort to begging. The attitude I am adopting is not one of mere
    supplication and looking for everyone else to support me. I have had a
    seriously bad run of events which have transpired to leave me in a very bad
    position. Resorting to begging was not a decision to take lightly. I just
    don't want to see myself get malnourished or end up in a homeless centre, or
    both. Extreme consequences but that is the way things are heading for me.
    Again, I stress, thru no fault of my own. I did not ask to have gangrene set
    in in parts of my body, the removal of which has left me vulnerable to
    infection. I did not ask to be homeless last year, but events transpired to
    create that end. If you personally know of a way that my situation can be
    resolved and you are keeping it to yourself, then, might I ask, why?
    If you merely wish to stand on a saopbox and make moral judgement on *my*
    attitude and work ethic, then I suggest you try doing a bit more research
    yourself before passing judgement.
    If, however, you are trying to be helpful, let me take this opportunity to
    thank you profusely but please let me just say that constructive criticism
    would be better appreciated, esp. criticism of actual facts.
    > What you've been saying also doesn't seem to match what I read here,
    > either:
    >
    > http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/disability_liv_allowance.asp#caniget


    As I have pointed out before, I am not classified as disabled. This is
    probably because I am a very strong willed person who, previously, was very
    physically fit, and so, do not actually need help in the way that DWP
    recognises it (help being classified as needing to be dressed, helped to
    perform ablutions, toilet, cleaning, cooking, etc.). As I am able to do
    these things myself (with a little difficulty sometimes but I am rather
    stubborn) I do not qualify for help. Thanks for the link, though.
    >
    > or with various other places on that site.
    >
    > Hmmm.
    >
    >>I can find no legitimate working from home
    >>business which involves writing. It's not like I haven't tried. The
    >>situation I am in now is after 6 months of being either at hospital or
    >>stuck
    >>at home constantly trying to find a way to fend for myself but believe me
    >>it's tough.

    >
    > Then it's time to look for something that doesn't involve writing as such.
    > We
    > can't always have what we wish in life, after all.
    >
    > You don't need to tell me how bad it can get - I've been there. In spades.
    > I've
    > had eleven surgeries in a half-century, and will find out this week if I
    > have to
    > have more. Possibly, whether I'll survive. I live with how tough it is
    > every
    > single day, and will for the rest of my life.
    >
    > But I've never begged for money on usenet. And I never will.
    >
    > "As I said, where there's a will, there's a way."
    >
    > --
    > If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    > don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    > -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 18, 2006
    #17
  18. Luckless guy

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:05:29 -0000, "Luckless guy" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >If you merely wish to stand on a saopbox and make moral judgement on *my*
    >attitude and work ethic, then I suggest you try doing a bit more research
    >yourself before passing judgement.


    I don't need to do research. I've *lived* that research. And I did it myself. I
    know about the hopeless feelings. I know about the pain, the depression, the
    fear. I still did it, am still doing it, and if *I* can do it, anyone can,
    including you.

    But you're certainly not going to get it done by posting arguments in a usenet
    newsgroup.

    Get in touch with your local hospital, and ask them about transcribing records
    or typing dictation. Ask them for help. But don't just stop there - many
    hospitals are online. Check with those, too. One of my friends downloads her
    files from a secure website, and when she's finished with them, she uploads them
    back. That's something you could do from *anywhere.*

    I think you've already given up, else we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Stop trying to find reasons NOT to help yourself, and start expending your
    efforts in that direction instead of here. Sometimes it takes awhile, but if
    you're determined you'll get there, and you'll find it's well worth it.

    "But if you give up and keep doing this, you're not going to have much of
    anything left. Not even your self-respect, when it's all done with."

    --
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
    don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
    -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Mara, Jan 18, 2006
    #18
  19. Luckless guy

    Luckless guy Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:05:29 -0000, "Luckless guy"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>If you merely wish to stand on a saopbox and make moral judgement on *my*
    >>attitude and work ethic, then I suggest you try doing a bit more research
    >>yourself before passing judgement.

    >
    > I don't need to do research. I've *lived* that research. And I did it
    > myself. I
    > know about the hopeless feelings. I know about the pain, the depression,
    > the
    > fear. I still did it, am still doing it, and if *I* can do it, anyone can,
    > including you.
    >

    I meant research into my situation

    > But you're certainly not going to get it done by posting arguments in a
    > usenet
    > newsgroup.
    >

    It wasn't me who raised the first objectionable post.

    > Get in touch with your local hospital, and ask them about transcribing
    > records
    > or typing dictation. Ask them for help. But don't just stop there - many
    > hospitals are online. Check with those, too. One of my friends downloads
    > her
    > files from a secure website, and when she's finished with them, she
    > uploads them
    > back. That's something you could do from *anywhere.*
    >

    Thank you. This information a few posts ago would have saved us both time.

    > I think you've already given up, else we wouldn't be having this
    > conversation.
    > Stop trying to find reasons NOT to help yourself, and start expending your
    > efforts in that direction instead of here. Sometimes it takes awhile, but
    > if
    > you're determined you'll get there, and you'll find it's well worth it.
    >

    I am an extremely determined person, otherwise I wouldn't even still be
    alive, thank you. As for having given up, do you understand the depths of my
    current despair. No, I didn't think so.

    > "But if you give up and keep doing this, you're not going to have much of
    > anything left. Not even your self-respect, when it's all done with."
    >

    The only thing I have left is my self respect. Its the one thing that keeps
    me going.

    > -- Bruce Schneider
     
    Luckless guy, Jan 18, 2006
    #19
  20. Luckless guy

    me Guest

    "Luckless guy" <> wrote in message
    news:dqk1pq$lr$...
    >


    > I'm not classed as disabled. In a few months I will be able to leave the
    > house and start getting around a bit but my recovery time is quite long
    > because I've had a major operation. Problem is because I will be able to
    > return to work at some point in the future I cannot be classed as disabled
    > and am only eligible for incap benefit, housing benefit and C tax benefit.
    >


    Change your name to Patel,then you will get all the benefits.
     
    me, Jan 18, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. tpg comcntr

    HELP! HELP! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

    tpg comcntr, Feb 14, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    946
    michael turner
    Feb 15, 2004
  2. Nick

    Computer problems please please please help

    Nick, Jun 4, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    505
  3. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    587
    David Hemingsley
    Oct 31, 2004
  4. The Martian

    Help Help Help Please Pentax S5i info needed

    The Martian, May 19, 2008, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    522
    The Martian
    May 20, 2008
  5. The Martian

    Help Help Help Pentax S5i Help needed (Please)

    The Martian, Jun 4, 2008, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    1,712
    ASAAR
    Jun 20, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page