    I TRY ANOTHER BRAND OF DVD-R AND IT STILL SAID NO DVD WAS IN THE RECORDER
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SUGGEST SOMETHING

    THIS HAS HAPPEN A TIME OR TWO IN THE PAST
    k a morris, Feb 19, 2007

  2. k a morris

    def456 Guest

    "k a morris" <> wrote in message
    news:45d9a959$1@kcnews01...
    >I WAS COPYING ONE OF MY DVD AND WHEN IT WAS TIME TO PUT IN A NEW DVD-R TO
    >RECORD TO THE PROGRAM SAID THERE WAS NOT A DVD IN RECORDER
    >
    > I TRY ANOTHER BRAND OF DVD-R AND IT STILL SAID NO DVD WAS IN THE RECORDER
    > CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SUGGEST SOMETHING
    >
    > THIS HAS HAPPEN A TIME OR TWO IN THE PAST

    You might get a better response without ALL CAPS. Some people find that
    insulting. I don't, but some people don't like it.

    As for your question...

    At a minimum you need to tell your DVD recorder/player brand and model#, and
    the brand and type of DVD discs you are using. I'm not an expert,
    practically a newbie, but somebody might be able to respond if they have
    that info.

    I'll just mention that I had my CD-RW drive go bad about a year ago, so I
    had to replace it. That's the kind of symptom you might get. I replaced it
    with a new DVD-RW drive which works fine. So that's one possibility.

    Another possibility is that your DVD drive is dirty and needs to be cleaned.
    I'm not sure how is best, but at least you could blow it out with a can of
    air.

    Another possibility is the software involved has gone corrupt. In that case
    reinstall it.
    def456, Feb 19, 2007