    checked all my settings and they are ok, I am running windows xp and
    internet explorer and am on wanaddoo anytime dial up can anyone help me
    please TIA Beth

    beth, Sep 17, 2005

  2. beth

    beth Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "beth" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>My computer keeps disconnecting from the internet after about 2 mins, I
    > have
    > |>checked all my settings and they are ok, I am running windows xp and
    > |>internet explorer and am on wanaddoo anytime dial up can anyone help
    > me
    > |>please TIA Beth
    >
    > Can't fix the problem, but might be able to patch it.
    > http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Network_and_Internet/Keep_Alive_Tools/
    > (http://tinyurl.com/bnvf6)

    Thanks for this but I want to find out and fix the problem that has suddenly
    occurred so I don't have any more probs Beth

    beth, Sep 17, 2005

  3. beth

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Sep 17, 2005
  4. beth

    dadiOH Guest

    beth wrote:
    > My computer keeps disconnecting from the internet after about 2 mins,
    > I have checked all my settings and they are ok, I am running windows
    > xp and internet explorer and am on wanaddoo anytime dial up can
    > anyone help me please TIA Beth

    Run netstat as a "keep alive"

    Start
    Run
    netstat -a 90

    will check/ping all the TCP connections every 90 seconds. If that is
    too slow/fast change accordingly (in seconds)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 17, 2005
  5. beth

    Trax Guest

    "beth" <> wrote:

    |>"Trax" <> wrote in message

    |>> have
    |>> me

    |>> Can't fix the problem, but might be able to patch it.
    |>> http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Network_and_Internet/Keep_Alive_Tools/
    |>> (http://tinyurl.com/bnvf6)

    |>Thanks for this but I want to find out and fix the problem that has suddenly
    |>occurred so I don't have any more probs Beth

    Then check out http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_modem.htm way down
    at the bottom.

    --

    http://www.zurqui.co.cr/crinfocus/paper/airplane.html