    I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    retrieve it?

    Could someone help please

    James, Feb 3, 2005

  2. James

    Gordon Guest

    James wrote:
    > I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    > retrieve it?
    >
    > Could someone help please

    if it's not in the Deleted Items folder, no, unless you spend LOTS of
    money on a data recovery service.

    Gordon, Feb 3, 2005

  3. James

    Gordon Guest

    James wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>James wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    >>>retrieve it?
    >>>
    >>>Could someone help please

    >>if it's not in the Deleted Items folder, no, unless you spend LOTS of
    >>money on a data recovery service.

    > It is having been deleted from the deleted folder list. I deleted then
    > emptied it.

    Then you're stuffed unless a) you have a backup or b) you have LOTS of
    money.

    Gordon, Feb 3, 2005
  4. James

    James Guest

    James, Feb 3, 2005
  5. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    James wrote:
    > I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    > retrieve it?
    >
    > Could someone help please

    Be patient, someone will be along shortly that knows how to do it.
    Has something to do with dbx files deep in the OS or something like
    that. Give it a little time.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Feb 3, 2005
  6. James

    Gordon Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > James wrote:
    >
    >> I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    >> retrieve it?
    >>
    >> Could someone help please
    >>

    > Be patient, someone will be along shortly that knows how to do it. Has
    > something to do with dbx files deep in the OS or something like that.
    > Give it a little time.

    Outlook doesn't use dbx files. Outlook EXPRESS does. (The two are
    completely different programs)

    Gordon, Feb 3, 2005
  7. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    James wrote:
    > I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    > retrieve it?
    >
    > Could someone help please

    If you want to try go to find files and folders and type in dbx hit
    enter and look around a little.

    Old Gringo, Feb 3, 2005
  8. James

    Gordon Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > James wrote:
    >
    >> I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    >> retrieve it?
    >>
    >> Could someone help please
    >>

    > If you want to try go to find files and folders and type in dbx hit
    > enter and look around a little.

    How would that find one email that's been deleted?

    Gordon, Feb 3, 2005
  9. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> James wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    >>> retrieve it?
    >>>
    >>> Could someone help please
    >>>

    >> Be patient, someone will be along shortly that knows how to do it. Has
    >> something to do with dbx files deep in the OS or something like that.
    >> Give it a little time.
    >>

    > Outlook doesn't use dbx files. Outlook EXPRESS does. (The two are
    > completely different programs)

    Oh ok tks.

    Old Gringo, Feb 3, 2005
  10. James

    Gordon Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> If you want to try go to find files and folders and type in dbx hit
    >>> enter and look around a little.
    >>>

    >> How would that find one email that's been deleted?

    > until your other post to me I did not know that outlook did not have the
    > same features as Outlook Express. I don't use either one of them. If
    > the OP was using outlook express there would be a deleted folder in the
    > dbx files with his email in it.

    if you read his reply to one of my previous posts you will see that he's
    emptied the deleted items folder!

    Gordon, Feb 3, 2005
  11. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, Feb 3, 2005
  12. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon wrote:

    >>> How would that find one email that's been deleted?

    >> until your other post to me I did not know that outlook did not have
    >> the same features as Outlook Express. I don't use either one of
    >> them. If the OP was using outlook express there would be a deleted
    >> folder in the dbx files with his email in it.
    >>

    > if you read his reply to one of my previous posts you will see that he's
    > emptied the deleted items folder!

    I saw that but not in the dbx files ?? I am not a whiz at any of
    this only what I have learned here. I have seen this problem before
    and going to the dbx files seems to be the answer to the problem.??
    Maybe deleting the folder in OE also deletes it in the dbx files
    also but that I don't know.

    Old Gringo, Feb 3, 2005
  13. James

    James Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > James wrote:
    >> I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    >> retrieve it?
    >>
    >> Could someone help please

    > Be patient, someone will be along shortly that knows how to do it. Has
    > something to do with dbx files deep in the OS or something like that.
    > Give it a little time.

    Thanks

    James, Feb 3, 2005
  14. James

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Hopefully this will help.

    http://tinyurl.com/5qzpb

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Feb 3, 2005
  15. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > Hopefully this will help.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5qzpb
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    Thanks Emrys

    Old Gringo, Feb 4, 2005
  16. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    James wrote:
    > I've deleted an outlook email and want to know if their is any way to
    > retrieve it?
    >
    > Could someone help please

    James this just might help:
    http://www.oemailrecovery.com/reading-dbx-files.html
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Feb 4, 2005
  17. James

    Morgan Pugh Guest

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:00:31 +0000, Gordon
    <> wrote:

    >Outlook doesn't use dbx files. Outlook EXPRESS does. (The two are
    >completely different programs)

    True however I have read that Outlook doesn't actually remove the
    deleted email from the pst file so it might be possible to get it back
    in a similar way to Outlook Express.

    Morgan Pugh, Feb 4, 2005