    these messages from the server at all,
    but none of these kind of rules exist!
    can anyone help me to put a stop to this?

    Eric, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Eric

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    How do spammers harvest email addresses
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

    How To Deal With Spam
    http://pobox.com/nospam.html

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:39:24 -0700, in
    <>
    Eric scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Eric

    Ben Jorna Guest

    "Eric" <> schreef in bericht
    > recently i started to get these e-mails with virus in them,
    > the senders were mostly Microsoft or Administrator,
    > i remember seeing Microsoft's bulletin board warning about these kind of
    > messages not long ago,
    > but i just didn't know that it would happen to me,
    > i have Norton anti-virus installed on my PC and it does catch everyone of
    > them(i think),
    > and the virus is W32.Swen.A@mm,
    > i really have no idea who is really sending me these e-mails and how did

    the
    > person get my e-mail address,

    Nobody does. It´s the virus that is spreading itself, using entries from
    adress books on contaminated pc´s.
    Don´t bother to try to bounce it back to sender. Senders e-mail adress is
    probably non-existing or is selected out of one of the adressbooks.

    > but then i'm really tired of get 10+ of these e-mails everyday,

    So do many of us. You´re not alone ;-)

    > i'm using MS Outlook and i tried to set a rule so that Outlook won't dl
    > these messages from the server at all,
    > but none of these kind of rules exist!
    > can anyone help me to put a stop to this?

    First, stop sending your e-mail adress with your postings in newsgroup as
    you are doing now. Use a dummy e-mailadress, or merge some additional text
    with your e-mailadress.
    Second, use a program like mailwasher, to remove spam from the server.

    Best regards,

    Ben

    Ben Jorna, Oct 16, 2003