    programs (Photshop Elements, Photosuite, etc) but they don't do a
    thing... thanks!!

    Kevin Miller
    Kevin Miller, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Kevin Miller

    ralford Guest

    Sorry Charlie, digital ice incorporates data that isn't recorded by "normal"
    scanners. the software approach is very labor intensive.

    rma

    ralford, Aug 6, 2003

  3. http://www.polaroid.com/service/software/poladsr/poladsr.html
    does a reasonable job, but cannot beat the IR information from Digital ICE.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Kevin Miller

    HRosita Guest

    > Kevin Miller wrote:

    >I didn't buy a scanner with DIGITAL ICE but I have to believe
    >with the power of todays computers that there is a 'software' version
    >with can achieve like results.... any suggestions?

    Hi,

    I believe digital ICE is only available with scanners but GEM and ROC are
    available as plugins.

    Check out:
    http://www.appliedsciencefiction.com/
    Rosita
    HRosita, Aug 6, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) wrote:

    > This does not work for regular black and white film as the silver is
    > opaque at ir too,

    It should work with the C41 processed B&W film. Have not tried it though.

    --
    Ed Fortmiller | | Hudson MA
    *
    Ed Fortmiller, Aug 8, 2003
  6. "Ed Fortmiller" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) wrote:
    >
    > > This does not work for regular black and white film as the silver is
    > > opaque at ir too,

    > It should work with the C41 processed B&W film. Have not tried it though.

    Yes, it does it just as good as for other Color negative film. You could,
    however, do the same with a color negative, which in addition will offer B&W
    filter capability after the shot was taken (e.g. more weight on the Red
    channel for dramatic clouds).

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 9, 2003