    Please if some one can help in any way (names of software i may need, or
    hardware) any thing will be help.

    TIA
    4x4, Apr 29, 2004

  2. 4x4

    Soren Rathje Guest

    "4x4" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94D9DE96EE59CPower@24.24.2.167...
    > I need some help starting up with this any help will be halpful
    > I am trying to bild my own VoIP gateway at home so I can call any one

    on
    > POTS fome on internet. (no shit you say)
    > This is an idea.
    >
    > PC Client ----
    > |VoIP|----|Internet|------|PC At home|---->>POTS
    > WiFi ---------
    >
    > Please if some one can help in any way (names of software i may need,

    or
    > hardware) any thing will be help.
    >
    > TIA

    www.asteriskpbx.org

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

    Sample Setup's

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk setup minimum

    And totally crazy.. Using an X-Box...

    http://nlug.org/mail/nlug__2003_12/0094.html

    -- Soren
    Soren Rathje, Apr 29, 2004

  3. 4x4

    4x4 Guest

    "Soren Rathje" <soren%> wrote in news:4090978d$0$275
    $:

    Thanks for the post i will try it. I don't know if I'll make it work or
    not, cuz never Run Linux OS yet but will try.

    P.S. do you know anything like this for windows?
    4x4, Apr 29, 2004
  4. 4x4

    Soren Rathje Guest

    "4x4" <> wrote in message
    > "Soren Rathje" <soren%> wrote in news:4090978d$0$275
    > $:
    >
    > Thanks for the post i will try it. I don't know if I'll make it work

    or
    > not, cuz never Run Linux OS yet but will try.

    Not really a problem... Download the 3 (i386) ISO files for Fedora Core
    I (http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/iso/)
    and install by selecting the "Server" option on the wizard. From what I
    can see on the WiKi it should be sufficient to run Asterisk.

    Once in production you should disable the GUI since X can interfere with
    voice quality and you don't really need it. When the server is
    configured and running (probably 1 - 2 days for a newbie, like I was 6
    months ago) it can be left alone unless you get a kernel update or a
    power failure.

    btw. I have it running on my Dell Lattitude CPi/X PIII 650 MHz laptop
    for playing around with.

    Anyway, digium.com have maillists dating back to 2002 with tips & tricks
    and if not found here you can search the WiKi or ask the experts..

    > P.S. do you know anything like this for windows?

    Err... Oh yes... Cisco Call Manager... :)

    -- Soren
    Soren Rathje, Apr 30, 2004