    Please remove nospam to email me
    Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
    Rincon, GA.31326

    MBell72398, Feb 4, 2004

  2. MBell72398

    Alex Devlin Guest

    On 04 Feb 2004, MBell72398 wrote:

    > I am having a time with a customers PC. I formatted his HD(twice now)
    > and installed 2000Pro. He has a couple of CD's made by his family that
    > have these flip pages in an album called Flip Pro 5.0. When trying to
    > access, he gets and error that prompts him to format the disk. Well,
    > of course he can't. I thought his CDROM may have been too old and
    > replaced with new CD Burner running Nero 5.0. The same thing happens.
    > I have ran these CD's on several other pc's with no problem. I have
    > did all MS updates also. Any ideas?
    > Thanks, Mike
    >
    > Please remove nospam to email me
    > Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
    > Rincon, GA.31326

    What is the error you get when it crashes?
    Have you tried moving his hard drive into one of the other PCs you know
    can run the programme? If you do and it works then it's probably a
    hardware problem. I'd start with new cables and new memory before looking
    at a new motherboard.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    Good friends will bail you out of jail...
    ... True friends will be sitting there with you saying "Damn. That was
    fun!"

    Alex Devlin, Feb 4, 2004

  3. MBell72398

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    MBell72398 wrote:

    > I am having a time with a customers PC. I formatted his HD(twice now) and
    > installed 2000Pro. He has a couple of CD's made by his family that have these
    > flip pages in an album called Flip Pro 5.0. When trying to access, he gets and
    > error that prompts him to format the disk. Well, of course he can't. I thought
    > his CDROM may have been too old and replaced with new CD Burner running Nero
    > 5.0. The same thing happens. I have ran these CD's on several other pc's with
    > no problem. I have did all MS updates also.

    Why did you have to format and install 2000 Pro Mike? Was the computer
    unable to read these CDs before the re-format, or only since it was done?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 4, 2004
  4. MBell72398

    colin Guest

    MBell72398 <> wrote in message
    > I am having a time with a customers PC. I formatted his HD(twice now) and
    > installed 2000Pro. He has a couple of CD's made by his family that have

    these
    > flip pages in an album called Flip Pro 5.0. When trying to access, he gets

    and
    > error that prompts him to format the disk. Well, of course he can't. I

    thought
    > his CDROM may have been too old and replaced with new CD Burner running

    Nero
    > 5.0. The same thing happens. I have ran these CD's on several other pc's

    with
    > no problem. I have did all MS updates also.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks, Mike
    >
    > Please remove nospam to email me
    > Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
    > Rincon, GA.31326

    http://www.phdcc.com/dynamic-cd/cdrw.asp

    "Without UDF drivers, the CD-RW will be unreadable. UDF is an acronym for
    "Universal Disk Format" - a filesystem specification intended for use on
    write-once and re-writable media."

    colin, Feb 5, 2004
  5. MBell72398

    Trent© Guest

    On 04 Feb 2004 16:04:35 GMT, ospam (MBell72398)
    wrote:

    >I am having a time with a customers PC. I formatted his HD(twice now) and
    >installed 2000Pro. He has a couple of CD's made by his family that have these
    >flip pages in an album called Flip Pro 5.0. When trying to access,

    Access the cd?...in the cdrom?

    >he gets and
    >error that prompts him to format the disk.

    It sounds like its looking for an improper drive letter. How was the
    old machine configured?...hardware, etc.? Check the .ini file for the
    program...and any configuration file you can find on the cd.

    >Well, of course he can't. I thought
    >his CDROM may have been too old and replaced with new CD Burner running Nero
    >5.0. The same thing happens. I have ran these CD's on several other pc's with
    >no problem. I have did all MS updates also.

    Sounds like a drive letter/configuration problem. Did you take a good
    look at the cd thru Windows Explorer?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 5, 2004
  6. MBell72398

    MBell72398 Guest

    Thanks to all. I tried that same CD on another machine running 2000PRO and had
    the same problem. I upgraded customer to XP and that works for hime.
    Thanks, Mike

    MBell72398, Feb 5, 2004